Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Yes I thought that was the deadline, barring religious festivals. More likely by the end of the week as usual.

It won’t happen obviously I’m just hoping it’ll be the day we finally move forward and look elsewhere 

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

By business plan starts with only 3 million on players wages, so should be ok (30 x 100000k per year). It depends how much Mel wants for the club and/or ground though.

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

the club is losing £13m pa before Mel sticks in whatever the amount is.  Might work a few leagues further down.  Not convinced you would get £75m from supporters

43 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

2k per week per player? Which league do you think we'll be in? 

Have a read of my original rambling post a few days back. We only promote from within and pay 100k a year. We give 10 year contracts though so the kids we want would take that to guarantee themselves a good salary for 10 years vs the gamble of not making it. Sure, quite a few wouldn't make the grade, but we'd waste 1 million max for those. Compare that to the money and wages wasted over the last few years.

It will take a bit of time to build a good sustainable team though, and we could well go down. But we'd get loads of decent kids coming to us with this system.

Archived