Abu Derby County

Just now, Philmycock said:

What sort of nutter bought a season ticket for 2020/21 anyway? 

Me, on the first day they went up for renewal - when Coronovirus looked like the new Sars - a bit dodgy for the Far East but never going to be a big issue here.

Copied from the DT.

"The outstanding wages of the Derby County players are to be paid in full by Monday, DerbyshireLive understands.

In turn, this will see the club's transfer embrago lifted and allow them to bring players in.

Some players had already been paid for December.

There is no new update on the proposed takeover by Sheikh Khaled's Derventio Holdings (UK) limited, but the takeover remains on."

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Me, on the first day they went up for renewal - when Coronovirus looked like the new Sars - a bit dodgy for the Far East but never going to be a big issue here.

Oh yeah, I'm a rubbish fan I always wait until the last day possible to renew my seat, forgot they went on sale super early, I now feel your pain 😷

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Im afraid you're slightly blinkered.

The biggest stakeholder in the English game is Sky TV.

There will never be a shortage of fans happy to pay their £30 a month, or whatever it is, and sit at home watching matches.

I guess being slightly is better than be blinkered all together so I will take that compliment.

The biggest stakeholder in the English game is fans.

Sky TV only exists because of fans. If there were no fans watching you wouldn't have multi million pounds worth of companies investing in adverts during the games which Sky rely on to purchase the rights to the Premier League.

19 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Copied from the DT.

"The outstanding wages of the Derby County players are to be paid in full by Monday, DerbyshireLive understands.

In turn, this will see the club's transfer embrago lifted and allow them to bring players in.

There is no new update on the proposed takeover by Sheikh Khaled's Derventio Holdings (UK) limited, but the takeover remains on."

Interestingly, they have amended that now. Instead of being 'the takeover remains on', it now says 'a takeover remains on'. Am I reading too much into that?

22 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I guess being slightly is better than be blinkered all together so I will take that compliment.

The biggest stakeholder in the English game is fans.

Sky TV only exists because of fans. If there were no fans watching you wouldn't have multi million pounds worth of companies investing in adverts during the games which Sky rely on to purchase the rights to the Premier League.

Guess it depends on what you class as fans, Im on about the people that attend matches, though Im guessing the term does extend further than that.

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Interestingly, they have amended that now. Instead of being 'the takeover remains on', it now says 'a takeover remains on'. Am I reading too much into that?

Line below says:

"Asked about the takeover and transfer embargo at his pre-match press conference on Thursday, Rooney said: "It's very close..."

59 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Copied from the DT.

Monday...YES, sounds good news 😀😀

Oh wait, that's 48 hours 😳

40 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

No I don't  think you are reading too much into it if they have deliberately amended it. Interesting 

I hope “the” or “a” takeover happens soon. Re the debate about what a stakeholder is, the dictionary definition is 

What Is a Stakeholder? 

A stakeholder is a party that has an interest in a company and can either affect or be affected by the business. The primary stakeholders in a typical corporation are its investors, employees, customers, and suppliers.