Abu Derby County

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sadly, you’re wrong. We’re not stakeholders, we don’t own a stake in the club. Dress it up as much you like, the cold hard facts are that we are just customers. The club offers a product and we choose whether to buy it or not. I accept we have far more emotional attachment to the club than other suppliers we buy from (so a little bit more than a traditional customer) and whilst they may not always be do the best, I’m sure the club tries to recognise that, at the end of the day if any of us choose to walk away then our seat will, eventually, be taken by somebody else.

I agree we shouldn’t be referred to customers (and when the club talk about us they never do) but we’re fans/supporters not technically stakeholders that have a right to demand certain things.

You are conflating the term stakeholder with shareholder. A stakeholder is generally considered to be anyone with an interest in a business. It is usually considered that stakeholders in a business include shareholders, management, employees, customers and suppliers. Supporters of a football club are always considered stakeholders.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is it just as simple as walking away?

It was reported that contracts had been exchanged. 

Unless any terms of the contract have been breached then you cant just walk away.

One would assume a long stop date for completion was included in the contract though.

Wednesday at midnight was the cut off date apparently 

The backer for the deal to be done by 24th Dec has pulled out, but since then the club have come out and still said the deal is close to being done so the Sheikh must be confident/close to getting another backer.

His business is getting consortiums & backers then investing in companies etc, so if he does get another backer from his list of contacts then I see no reason why they woukd spend that much to then not back us financially

Edited by DCFC1388
1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

The backer for the deal to be done by 24th Dev has pulled out, bit since then the club have come out and still said the deal is close to being done so the Sheikh must be confident of getting another backer.

His business is getting consortiums & backers then investing in companies etc, so if he does get another backer from his list of contacts then I see no reason why they woukd spend that much to then not back us financially

Are you engaged in a competition to see how many times you can use the word back or backer in the same post 😉

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

You are conflating the term stakeholder with shareholder. A stakeholder is generally considered to be anyone with an interest in a business. It is usually considered that stakeholders in a business include shareholders, management, employees, customers and suppliers. Supporters of a football club are always considered stakeholders.

I guess we could debate it all day. Most of my family are big Disney fan. My daughter subscribes to the Disney channel, we’ve been to WDW ten times in the last 20 years and Disneyland Paris four times - that doesn’t make us stakeholders. But, for the sake of avoiding an unnecessary argument, if we do describe ourselves as stakeholders, the type of stakeholder we are doesn’t give us the right to necessarily expect an update first thing Monday morning which is where this all started.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Are you engaged in a competition to see how many times you can use the word back or backer in the same post 😉

He's backing BZG to find a new backer to back the club to replace the backer that pulled out of backing the club. 

What is clear is that without a new backer their bid will collapse and DCFC will need to find new backers  to back the club as we are in desperate need of financial backing. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I guess we could debate it all day. Most of my family are big Disney fan. My daughter subscribes to the Disney channel, we’ve been to WDW ten times in the last 20 years and Disneyland Paris four times - that doesn’t make us stakeholders. But, for the sake of avoiding an unnecessary argument, if we do describe ourselves as stakeholders, the type of stakeholder we are doesn’t give us the right to necessarily expect an update first thing Monday morning which is where this all started.

I think it was Blair who started the massive expansion of the term when he spoke of creating a "stakeholder society". Clearly you have no financial interest in the organisations beyond an expectation of some services for the fees you pay.

You can be a non-financial stakeholder i believe if you have an emotional interest in the enterprise.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

They really should have consulted you as a key stakeholder before purchasing Marvel. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is it just as simple as walking away?

It was reported that contracts had been exchanged. 

Unless any terms of the contract have been breached then you cant just walk away.

One would assume a long stop date for completion was included in the contract though.

I do hope we got them to pay a non refundable deposit 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's just what the word means as used in this context - I don't see the debate.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I do hope we got them to pay a non refundable deposit 

Wouldnt benefit the club, that would be MMs personal money.

Based on the fact he is trying to scrape money togethet to pay the wage bill, Id assume its safe to say he didnt.

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

No, no it doesn't.

Fans are the biggest stakeholder in any football club and should never be referred to as 'customers'

"A stakeholder is an individual, group, or organization who is affected by the outcome of a product or service and possibly involved in doing the work. ... Remember, anyone who decides they're a stakeholder is one. A customer, on the other hand, is an individual who receives or purchases a product or service"

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On the stakeholder thing, would I like an update from Mel to clear up the situation? Absolutely. Am I entitled to one as a paying fan of the club? Nope. 

Agreed on the stage of the takeover, if anything happens worth reporting the club will do so.

As someone paying for next years season ticket I deserve an update on the financial situation though - why have they stopped taking payments? When will they resume? Will my paymentd be honoured?

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On the stakeholder thing, would I like an update from Mel to clear up the situation? Absolutely. Am I entitled to one as a paying fan of the club? Nope. 

Yes of course you are entitled to one. 

Football clubs are communities and the owners represent us as a community & fan. The minute you think you should not be entitled to an update on where our city / club / community is heading is basically saying do what you want with our club and no questions will be asked. And when you start going down that road you then get owners ruining clubs and doing what they want all because you didn't feel entitled to have something clarified. Cough cough - Blackpool, Bolton, Bury....

I stress my point again. The biggest stakeholder in the game of football are the fans. Without fans you dont have Sky TV  & you dont have football clubs.

So, the biggest stakeholder in Derby County Football Club are the fans. Period.

I just wish we could draw a line under this debacle. This uncertainty can't be good for player morale and certainly isn't good for the club and its fans as a whole.  Although I was quite enthusiastic at first about this I'm just absolutely fed up of it now. So many rumours about players who might be going and none coming makes for depressing reading .