Abu Derby County

tinman

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

As it's 'Sunday' in the UAE, nothing is going to happen today.

Just thinking about things - if administration did happen, what would it look like? 

With the club, the academy, the stadium and the catering arm all being different companies and being owned by different holding companies, is it possible that some could continue and some be in administration? If they all went under, would the sane administrator's look after them all? Would a points deduction only happen if 'THE Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED' went into admin? 

Even going bust is ridiculously complicated at Derby County.

I think it’s Sunday everyday in the uae the last 2 months 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could Derby not go to the Bank of England and do what Spurs and Arsenal have just done in these troubling times, at a 0.5 per cent interest rate, where they recently got loans of £175 million and £135 million respectively? Surely it is an even playing field, that it would be unfair that some clubs have an advantage over others? £60 million to buy the club from ourselves, plus £10 million to pay the wages back. Bloody simple. Sorted.

3 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Could Derby not go to the Bank of England and do what Spurs and Arsenal have just done in these troubling times, at a 0.5 per cent interest rate, where they recently got loans of £175 million and £135 million respectively?

If they could then they would!

The difference being that Arsenal & Spurs can show they they are profitable businesses.

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Owning a decent championship club isn’t vastly different to a holiday or renting a nice house when you think about it. 

Costs you 25 million per year including bills. 

In return you get

Local stature, celebrity and the beneficial  feelings you get from contributing to the local community 

Free match day hospitality tickets in the best seats - home and away 

Direct personal contact to the manager and the players.

A mix of adoring fans and constant moaners 

An annual entry in to the PL prize lotto 

Any takers ? 

Are you on drugs?

27 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

Are you on drugs?

Sniff a bit truth serum every now and again ..  for recreational purposes obviously. It’s what I use as a substitute when the happy pills run out .. which they have at the moment. 

39 minutes ago, jono said:

Owning a decent championship club isn’t vastly different to a holiday or renting a nice house when you think about it. 

Costs you 25 million per year including bills. 

Jaysus, Mary, Mother of God, Jono!!! What in Christ's name have you been renting!!!

image.png.03a93bdd0c81ed60d494cc85bca863ea.png

image.png.182a652cae94b26681c347eafee788a1.png

image.png.8a14927b977f9d273ce493752d428edf.png

2 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

The only slight flaw I can see is who pays the millions in shortfall every month to keep us afloat. Actually I have thought of another, if you have 30,000 as our gate per game ( assuming we are doing well and playing against a decent team) you may struggle to convince the 3000 away fans to stump up £100 to bail Derby out 

If the away fans won't come ... all the more space for home fans.

Win-win

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:
13 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I must admit that I've been getting a lot of Candy Crush adverts on YouTube recently, so perhaps Melissa doing a bit if marketing to raise some cash for the bills!

Is that why they’ve been reported as being ill? Recovering from the surgery? 

also explains the delay if they have to change all the contracts from the male name to the new name! Should take about 48 hours to correct it

Damn that autocorrect.

Although I quite like the sound of Melissa! 

Would it be wrong to call our beloved leader Melissa, going forwards? 

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If they could then they would!

The difference being that Arsenal & Spurs can show they they are profitable businesses.

Spurs have revealed a huge loss in their latest financial report, as chairman Daniel Levy detailed how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the north London club and fears the next fiscal year will see an even bigger loss. They lost $85.5 million for the year ending June 30, 2020.

And here's Derby's last accounts:

The Rams’ results for the year running from 1st July 2017 to 30th June 2018 report the club’s best-ever Championship turnover, in non-parachute payment years, of £29.6m, increasing by £600,000 compared to the previous year. The accounts show a profit of £14.6m, in comparison to a loss of £7.9m in the previous year, largely due to the profit on the sale and lease back of Pride Park Stadium and profit on player registrations.

13 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Spurs have revealed a huge loss in their latest financial report, as chairman Daniel Levy detailed how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the north London club and fears the next fiscal year will see an even bigger loss. They lost $85.5 million for the year ending June 30, 2020.

And here's Derby's last accounts:

The Rams’ results for the year running from 1st July 2017 to 30th June 2018 report the club’s best-ever Championship turnover, in non-parachute payment years, of £29.6m, increasing by £600,000 compared to the previous year. The accounts show a profit of £14.6m, in comparison to a loss of £7.9m in the previous year, largely due to the profit on the sale and lease back of Pride Park Stadium and profit on player registrations.

No way are Spurs & Arsenal anything but profitable over the long-term, without looking into the accounts in fine detail you'll excuse me if I ignore a headline loss in one year as evidence to the contrary ?

DCFC is historically a loss making business, unless we have stadiums to sell every year that we don't know about then you can't just point to YE June 2018 as evidence that it is a profitable business ?

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

As it's 'Sunday' in the UAE, nothing is going to happen today.

Just thinking about things - if administration did happen, what would it look like? 

With the club, the academy, the stadium and the catering arm all being different companies and being owned by different holding companies, is it possible that some could continue and some be in administration? If they all went under, would the sane administrator's look after them all? Would a points deduction only happen if 'THE Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED' went into admin? 

Even going bust is ridiculously complicated at Derby County.

Surely shouldn’t matter if it’s a Sunday there as the money has been sent already and it’s just taking (a very very long) time to reach us, right? I mean it seems plausible that a transaction that was instigated before Christmas would still be being processed almost a month later. I see no problems here. 

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

Could Derby not go to the Bank of England and do what Spurs and Arsenal have just done in these troubling times, at a 0.5 per cent interest rate, where they recently got loans of £175 million and £135 million respectively? Surely it is an even playing field, that it would be unfair that some clubs have an advantage over others? £60 million to buy the club from ourselves, plus £10 million to pay the wages back. Bloody simple. Sorted.

Knowing Derby we'd buy Jacob Butterfield back for £150m!

Archived