Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Without wishing to appear rude, may I ask...

Who exactly did you (reluctantly) share these finer details with?

Employers?  Employees?  Colleagues?  Investors?  Share holders?  Customers?  General public?  Other? 

PS:

Lovin' the word "Oblox".  May I steal it for future posts?   ??

Not rude at all.  It was to internal stakeholders where sharing some of the finer details would have caused unnecessary concerns at this time - I didn't share but did manage expectations re honest timelines for which they were grateful and understanding.   

Feel free to use it to your heart's content ?

31 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

New idea!

30,000 fans buy it from Mel over a 20 year period!

£100 each fan per year

= £3m per year

= £60m over 20 years

(Or put the season ticket prices up £100, with Mel getting the first £3m of revenue each year for the next 20 years!)

And then David can be made Chairman! ?

And if we get promoted, this is what we'll sing ...

We'll sell for £100 million ...

... and splash out on some bling.

8 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

We'll run a tight ship! ?

It's now the 11th year of David's Rule over Derby County.

46 year old Colin Kazim-Richards is starting as striker whilst Wayne Rooney has yet to be released from his chains which harness him to the bust of Steve Bloomer as he manages the team for scraps of food. The fitting of electronic shock collars to the squad upon completion of the takeover was seen at the time as a controversial "motivational ploy" however rumours of savage treatment by "moderators" at moor farm never went away.

Unable to sign players, Emperor David has had to make use of top secret cloning technology found at the end of Mel's reign. Reportedly 400 mangled failed Chris Martin clones were discovered in barrels labelled "breakfast sausage meat" however,  a stray pubic hair from Mason Bennett was discovered and yielded enough DNA to provide the basis for the resumption of the program.

Amnesty international have pleeded with him to release Rooney and charity single "Free that bleeding Scouser" gathered significant attention from football fans. However those plees have fallen on death ears as the response "Wayne promised we'd climb the table and he'll be released when we do" followed by an evil cackle is sl fans have to go on.

Deal is signed and sealed, just needs a few things to fall into place.

The roof needs to go on, before we announce Fury Vs Joshua in early May, sight fee is ok'd, just need 35000 vaccinated over 80's paying customers to fill England's new biggest arena.

The holdup is the support bout. 

It's becoming hard to see how the planned Morris, Gibson and Maranakis triple header Hell in a Cell match can go ahead under the current rules.

11 hours ago, ot-dcfc said:

Worrying all round. I can imagine our own legal fees are becoming increasingly high. Not that I have any idea on the costs, but at a time when it certainly appears that every penny counts you do have to ask how long do you wait whilst the bills rack up?

These will be MMs personal legal fees not the clubs

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. But it does sound like no money makes it into this country - they still owe £500k on a previous legal bill after a high court judgement.

Last year Mel nearly sold us to some bloke who is now in jail (?). He seems desperate to get his money back, because I am sure if he sold us a a 'low price' there would be plenty of takers. As can be seen from the rumours of other investors appearing on the scene now this takeover also seems to be sinking!?  

I am not sure that Mel wants his money back but I am pretty sure he has arrived at the point that he doesn’t want to continue to put in the 1.5/2.0 million a month needed to ensure the club continues to operate while there are no ticket sales.  I reckon Mel is comfortable with what he has spent, he’s a grown up and will take responsibility for his past actions .. it’s the future that’s the problem IMO

11 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

New idea!

30,000 fans buy it from Mel over a 20 year period!

£100 each fan per year

= £3m per year

= £60m over 20 years

(Or put the season ticket prices up £100, with Mel getting the first £3m of revenue each year for the next 20 years!)

And then David can be made Chairman! ?

The only slight flaw I can see is who pays the millions in shortfall every month to keep us afloat. Actually I have thought of another, if you have 30,000 as our gate per game ( assuming we are doing well and playing against a decent team) you may struggle to convince the 3000 away fans to stump up £100 to bail Derby out 

11 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I must admit that I've been getting a lot of Candy Crush adverts on YouTube recently, so perhaps Melissa doing a bit if marketing to raise some cash for the bills!

Is that why they’ve been reported as being ill? Recovering from the surgery? 

also explains the delay if they have to change all the contracts from the male name to the new name! Should take about 48 hours to correct it all.

As it's 'Sunday' in the UAE, nothing is going to happen today.

Just thinking about things - if administration did happen, what would it look like? 

With the club, the academy, the stadium and the catering arm all being different companies and being owned by different holding companies, is it possible that some could continue and some be in administration? If they all went under, would the sane administrator's look after them all? Would a points deduction only happen if 'THE Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED' went into admin? 

Even going bust is ridiculously complicated at Derby County.

Owning a decent championship club isn’t vastly different to a holiday or renting a nice house when you think about it. 

Costs you 25 million per year including bills. 

In return you get

Local stature, celebrity and the beneficial  feelings you get from contributing to the local community 

Free match day hospitality tickets in the best seats - home and away 

Direct personal contact to the manager and the players.

A mix of adoring fans and constant moaners 

An annual entry in to the PL prize lotto 

Any takers ? 

Archived