Abu Derby County

58 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Good point really. They are supposedly talking to them every day and they are insisting the deal is about to go through...hard to know where any ITK would be coming from. 

Deal going through??

I'd say that's a load of bar locks lol

Good evening. First time posting after years of lurking. I guess this whole sorry situation has led me to post at last.

Like most on here I’m ripping my hair out at the whole takeover. I’m not one to say it will or won’t happen. Either way, I’m not filled with confidence about the future right now.

I did read a reference of Eddie Hearn’s failed dealings with Middle Eastern royalty (possibly several hundred pages back) in taking live boxing over to the U.A.E, deals being agreed but no money actually ever being received.

What I will say is that in my line of business, we have very similar issues. We essentially sell assets typically valued £5M-£30M. I have seen numerous deals agreed with Sheikh’s & contracts signed. But do deposit funds arrive? Sometimes, yes. But from experience the amount of times they do not had me very concerned from the moment I saw that a deal had been agreed with Mel.

What do they get out of it? I have been asking the same question for years. In my opinion, although their wealth is clearly high, much of it is obviously family money. Therefore when it comes down to it, they appear to be scared to spend it because they simply do not know how to make it back themselves.

Of course I want the deal to go through. But at this stage I think any excitement would be based on this whole ordeal being over, rather than any optimism for the future. Either way I just want to enjoy supporting my club again.

12 minutes ago, ot-dcfc said:

What I will say is that in my line of business, we have very similar issues. We essentially sell assets typically valued £5M-£30M. I have seen numerous deals agreed with Sheikh’s & contracts signed. But do deposit funds arrive? Sometimes, yes. But from experience the amount of times they do not had me very concerned from the moment I saw that a deal had been agreed with Mel.

What do they get out of it? I have been asking the same question for years. In my opinion, although their wealth is clearly high, much of it is obviously family money.

Perhaps they like to play at having control, when in reality they have none? But in this case isn't the money supposedly from 'investment sources' rather than the Sheiks own?

If this deal was going to happen, it would have happened by now. The most valuable lesson I’ve learnt in business is having the wisdom to know when to stop. This deal is dead, Mel. Look at your watch. By all means sue them for breach, but go get some cash from somewhere tomorrow to lift the transfer ban. That now is the priority - both for you, and for the club. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps they like to play at having control, when in reality they have none? But in this case isn't the money supposedly from 'investment sources' rather than the Sheiks own?

Quite possibly. Some certainly like to play a role from my experience. But if those sources are still based in the U.A.E then they are most likely still wealthy individuals from family money.

I’d be interested to know if any sum of money has been received by way of a deposit. If not, then to me it just makes the whole situation even more bizzare. Sacking and appointing managers and being involved in key business decisions. Surely any kind of paperwork is practically null and void without any risk of deposit loss on their side?

2 minutes ago, ot-dcfc said:

I’d be interested to know if any sum of money has been received by way of a deposit. If not, then to me it just makes the whole situation even more bizzare. Sacking and appointing managers and being involved in key business decisions. Surely any kind of paperwork is practically null and void without any risk of deposit loss on their side?

Yes. But it does sound like no money makes it into this country - they still owe £500k on a previous legal bill after a high court judgement.

Last year Mel nearly sold us to some bloke who is now in jail (?). He seems desperate to get his money back, because I am sure if he sold us a a 'low price' there would be plenty of takers. As can be seen from the rumours of other investors appearing on the scene now this takeover also seems to be sinking!?  

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. But it does sound like no money makes it into this country - they still owe £500k on a previous legal bill after a high court judgement.

Last year Mel nearly sold us to some bloke who is now in jail (?). He seems desperate to get his money back, because I am sure if he sold us a a 'low price' there would be plenty of takers. As can be seen from the rumours of other investors appearing on the scene now this takeover also seems to be sinking!?  

Worrying all round. I can imagine our own legal fees are becoming increasingly high. Not that I have any idea on the costs, but at a time when it certainly appears that every penny counts you do have to ask how long do you wait whilst the bills rack up?

3 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

From looking at the Bin Zayed Group website there is a ‘contact us’ section with an email address. Why don’t we all just email them and ask what is happening with the takeover?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Mailed them around Christmas , they replied saying they had sent a reply answering my question,,, it hasn’t arrived🤷🏻‍♂️

I emailed asking what the hell they're playing at. Got this response: 

اذهب بعيدا أيها الماعز بلا أم

Edited by 86 Hair Islands