Abu Derby County

tinman

33 minutes ago, RedSox said:

From Rooney's presser coverage on the DET: "It’s (takeover) is very close, that is the information I have been given. My understanding is I will be able to bring in players before the window closes."  

782107986_Fingerscrossed.PNG.10806efe79829012aa5da80132630e01.PNG

Still being lied too then

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the club is being poorly run looking in from the outside I do hope that Mel is in good health and that there is nothing wrong with him, if he unfortunately isn’t well then it’s pretty clear why it doesn’t look great from the outside, just hope it works out for everyone

I've just come off a work call and provided an update on something I didn't want to share the finer details on however it was a bit more specific than it's in hand. I at least managed expectations. 

That's what I find so frustrating here. IF the Sheikh genuinely cares about the club he must surely understand the problems this is causing and at least make a statement to the effect of sorry, blah blah, we are still working through some details, can't say more but rest assured we're doing all we can...etc.  The silence, for me anyway is the real fuel to the fire this is all complete oblox. 

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Still a bit baffled as to why we announced Rooney as permanent manager - didnt he say he had been given certain assurances that the takeover was in place

I'm sure someone like WR won't be talking about handshakes or verbal agreements here - it'd be a contractual assurance.

Remains to be seen what happens with WR if the takeover doesn't happen.

I don't think it really makes a difference to Rooney. He's clearly desperate to get into management so he was gonna take the offer regardless.

If the takeover doesn't happen and we get relegated then that's his excuse sorted (And I wouldn't blame him). If it doesn't happen and we stay up he's a genius. And if it does happen then he's got a decent pot to play with and a decent stab at promotion next season.

5 minutes ago, AGR said:

I don't think it really makes a difference to Rooney. He's clearly desperate to get into management so he was gonna take the offer regardless.

If the takeover doesn't happen and we get relegated then that's his excuse sorted (And I wouldn't blame him). If it doesn't happen and we stay up he's a genius. And if it does happen then he's got a decent pot to play with and a decent stab at promotion next season.

I guess I was more thinking that his representatives aren't daft and they will have hedged his bets contractually, so that if he does get stuck managing a league one team in administration and wants to walk away to a club in a better situation then he will be guaranteed certain "settlements"

50 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

A takeover will happen. Just not sure it'll be this one with the sheikh. Rooney isn't going anywhere

Much as that would be great,if the sheikhs takeover fails then we have no cash and we would have no idea of how much any other deal may or may not bring in.

If neither deal guarantees Rooney what he agreed to receive in respect of his appointment then why would he not choose to find something better?

From what I've seen,he was appointed with the promise of being paid and being able to utilise resources to move the club on....neither have happened yet and Rooney won't have limitless patience if the piss is being taken.

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Much as that would be great,if the sheikhs takeover fails then we have no cash and we would have no idea of how much any other deal may or may not bring in.

If neither deal guarantees Rooney what he agreed to receive in respect of his appointment then why would he not choose to find something better?

From what I've seen,he was appointed with the promise of being paid and being able to utilise resources to move the club on....neither have happened yet and Rooney won't have limitless patience if the piss is being taken.

He said today that none of his usual starting players will be leaving in this window. He's been quite pragmatic in admitting that he has plans for if the takeover doesn't happen. That suggests that Rooney has been given assurances that as a minimum the wages will be paid, he'll get some wiggle room to bring in cheap players and no one will be sold without his permission.

I think if that limited set of assurances are kept he'll stay. What might tip the balance is if he wakes up to see Bielik in red and white stripes saying that he's so proud to have signed for the Blades.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Rooney still being fed the same lines then. Poor bloke, there’s absolutely no way this takeover will ever go through. We need to find a way to fund the club without it somehow, until we can find someone else to take it on.

If it does go through, be ready for Delia.

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

I've just come off a work call and provided an update on something I didn't want to share the finer details on however it was a bit more specific than it's in hand. I at least managed expectations. 

That's what I find so frustrating here. IF the Sheikh genuinely cares about the club he must surely understand the problems this is causing and at least make a statement to the effect of sorry, blah blah, we are still working through some details, can't say more but rest assured we're doing all we can...etc.  The silence, for me anyway is the real fuel to the fire this is all complete oblox. 

Without wishing to appear rude, may I ask...

Who exactly did you (reluctantly) share these finer details with?

Employers?  Employees?  Colleagues?  Investors?  Share holders?  Customers?  General public?  Other? 

PS:

Lovin' the word "Oblox".  May I steal it for future posts?   ??

46 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Rooney still being fed the same lines then. Poor bloke, there’s absolutely no way this takeover will ever go through. We need to find a way to fund the club without it somehow, until we can find someone else to take it on.

Maybe Rooney is joining up with some mates and buying it.

Archived