Jump to content

Abu Derby County


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Derby County are set to appeal against a tribunal decision which ordered them to pay £2m to their former defender Richard Keogh, who was sacked after sustaining a career-threatening injury in a car accident.... Caused by not getting a taxi or wearing a seatbelt after knowingly getting in a vehicle with an totally oiled driver.   They forgot the last bit.

Strange that Mason and Lawrence weren’t sacked too....they were driving 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Looks like Mel and Pearce and the club are that embarrassed and don’t know what’s going on they are refusing to give statements and answer questions now. Sky sports last night they didn’t say anything when asked and today they’ve been asked about the Keogh situation and won’t comment and they’ve been asked about the takeover today according to nicko which again they’ve refused to comment on. No refunds for season tickets. starting to see the start of a divide between club and fans as Morris looks like he’s not bothered now in the slightest and looks at only getting worse. 

If the Club has appealed the reported Keogh judgement then is it any wonder he won't comment - he'd be a fool to do so just to satisfy the thirst for information from a section of the fan base.  We haven't a clue as to how Morris feels and how bothered he is - your post is just your view looking from the outside, without any unsubstantiated facts to back it up.

It doesn't take a genius to see that there are serious financial issues at the Club - players not being paid in December, the uncertainty about a takeover, the absence of a large chunk of gate receipts, lost revenue from other sources and now the reported Keogh claim. 

If I was in his position I wouldn't make any comment until and unless there was something to say which would be a definitive answer to some of these issues. As a fan I'm as interested in what's happening as the next person but don't subscribe to the view that being a fan entitles me to be told what's happening behind the scenes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Derby County are set to appeal against a tribunal decision which ordered them to pay £2m to their former defender Richard Keogh, who was sacked after sustaining a career-threatening injury in a car accident.... Caused by not getting a taxi or wearing a seatbelt after knowingly getting in a vehicle with an totally oiled driver.   They forgot the last bit.

Not all true, unless the £2m amount has been leaked. The Fail article only says: "But Sportsmail has learned that the former Republic of Ireland centre back has had his appeal upheld by an employment tribunal. So Derby have been ordered to make a financial settlement to Keogh, who had 21 months left on a contract worth £1.3m a year when he was dismissed."

The amount might be £2!

Edited by RoyMac5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Derby County are set to appeal against a tribunal decision which ordered them to pay £2m to their former defender Richard Keogh, who was sacked after sustaining a career-threatening injury in a car accident.... Caused by not getting a taxi or wearing a seatbelt after knowingly getting in a vehicle with an totally oiled driver.   They forgot the last bit.

There’s an existing thread called Keogh

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The maximum that an employment tribunal can award is £88,519 unless there is an element of discrimination to the dismissal eg racial, sexual, gender etc. There are also greater pay-outs possible for dismissals resulting from whistle blowing, asserting statutory rights or health and safety breaches.

Keogh has not been awarded £2m by an employment tribunal.

The only way I can see something amounting to that figure is if he is using the ruling as evidence in a claim for breach of contract.

Yes doesnt the wrongful dismissal ruling now allow him to launch a civil case for excess loss over the capped payment? But in terms of cash flow shouldnt be yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

The word investor keeps making me smile. The definition is,  a person or organization that puts money into financial schemes, property, etc. with the expectation of achieving a profit. Surely nobody in their right mind would think putting money into the vast majority of football clubs is likely to turn a profit.

FTFY

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not all true, unless the £2m amount has been leaked. The Fail article only says: "But Sportsmail has learned that the former Republic of Ireland centre back has had his appeal upheld by an employment tribunal. So Derby have been ordered to make a financial settlement to Keogh, who had 21 months left on a contract worth £1.3m a year when he was dismissed."

The amount might be £2!

Given that it seems we're a bit brassic as a club, I'll give him the two quid 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t go on Twitter anymore and read the bile from other fans...just wtf has become of our club ??? in a mess and I know he means well but Mel has to shoulder this ....we are a laughing stock!!! ffs 🤬....now keogh wanting 2m ffs ....we are a total embarrassment tinpot sides like HTFC having a poke it beggars belief how we have been led here!!! ....

ps  the players and coaching staff were excellent last night in difficult circumstances .....sort it out Mel !!!! We as fans can’t do anything...you can!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Isn't it about time this thread was closed? There is not going to be an Abu Derby County anymore!

It's possible it will be Dellby County now and even that is doubtful.

Can't close it yet. It's got to exceed the Thorne thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, S8TY said:

I can’t go on Twitter anymore and read the bile from other fans...just wtf has become of our club ??? in a mess and I know he means well but Mel has to shoulder this ....we are a laughing stock!!! ffs 🤬....now keogh wanting 2m ffs ....we are a total embarrassment tinpot sides like HTFC having a poke it beggars belief how we have been led here!!! ....

ps  the players and coaching staff were excellent last night in difficult circumstances .....sort it out Mel !!!! We as fans can’t do anything...you can!! 

Normal Leeds nobber bile on the whole, The occasional comment from a 15 year old Forest fan hoping we go bankrupt, not quite realising without us there league programmes as exciting as a Tuesday night out in Reading till the end of time.  Some random bull from blokes who have no real knowledge of the situation from Ireland and the occasional Barnsley half wit .  Very little from Gibson town which is surprising. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Ive got to the stage that I'm not bothered about the takeover. Just want confirmation the players are fully paid and will be going forward. If not pretty soon it will all implode.

This exactly, just want the players paid and maybe to be able to make 1/2 signings probably loans but we still need the new faces. It’s been that long that if it does go through no one will trust the new ownership 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.