Abu Derby County

This is WhatsApp mates of mates , so could be absolute waffle, but it makes sense to me so thought I'd share.

So Sheik Khaled was actually propped up by a consortium of middle Eastern construction tycoons under the BZG umbrella and then used a couple of European football finance power houses to set up Derventio holdings and give credibility to the deal (the same people that helped with the takeover of Villa). The deal was agreed on the 24th, but the consortium backed out. The Sheik still wants to go ahead but he no longer has the cash and is looking for funds elsewhere. Mel is also looking elsewhere but its looking more likely that Mel will have to put up some of his personal wealth/sell assets to keep the club going until it happens as no company will provide a loan when there is no longer a takeover on the cards and no revenue in the club. Unless of course you borrow against an asset (the stadium for example.......)

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think it's time now for Mel to give an interview and let fans know where the club stands. You can't carry on with players not paid. Imo we have potentially a good young manager but if we are not careful he will be gone...... Very worrying times. 

Disagree SP, he needs to focus on getting the deal done in some way or other rather than wasting time briefing the fans, the majority of which do not have the background to understand or would doubt every word uttered.  What is the point of briefing us?  We will still be Derby fans after he has gone as long as he hasn't driven us over the edge of a cliff

20 minutes ago, YouRams said:

What makes you think MM would let us go into administration, rather than just pump a few extra quid in/sell a few players to keep us afloat then wait for another buyer? 

If anyone puts a bid in for our players i'd agree that is the best option, but we're going to be getting pretty poor offers considering how desperate we are. Mel seems unable or unwilling to put anymore of his own cash in.

Still dont think we will go into administration, but do think we'll sell the few players we still have.

14 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

This is WhatsApp mates of mates , so could be absolute waffle, but it makes sense to me so thought I'd share.

So Sheik Khaled was actually propped up by a consortium of middle Eastern construction tycoons under the BZG umbrella and then used a couple of European football finance power houses to set up Derventio holdings and give credibility to the deal (the same people that helped with the takeover of Villa). The deal was agreed on the 24th, but the consortium backed out. The Sheik still wants to go ahead but he no longer has the cash and is looking for funds elsewhere. Mel is also looking elsewhere but its looking more likely that Mel will have to put up some of his personal wealth/sell assets to keep the club going until it happens as no company will provide a loan when there is no longer a takeover on the cards and no revenue in the club. Unless of course you borrow against an asset (the stadium for example.......)

Its a plausible theory.

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If anyone puts a bid in for our players i'd agree that is the best option, but we're going to be getting pretty poor offers considering how desperate we are. Mel seems unable or unwilling to put anymore of his own cash in.

Still dont think we will go into administration, but do think we'll sell the few players we still have.

But is it unwillingness or inability to because of the current takeover, it’s all speculation at the minute, I think people are being unfair towards MM, he’s made some questionable decisions in his time but I still think he has Derby’s best interests at heart.

It could even be that he’s unearthed a Burnley like loan situation and he’s personally stalling the takeover to make sure he’s not leaving us in the wrong hands, nobody’s looking at it from that point of view. 

I’f it’s that bad of a mess then just get on the blower to Gadsby and let him buy a share...?

I know he isn’t flashed with cash has MM, but he’s got the money to operate at this level and get us buy till the summer 

Edited by Papahet
13 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am convinced that BZG never had, and will never have the money to buy this club. 

Absolute time wasters and Mel has fallen for it hook, line and sinker. 

If indeed so and they are doing exactly what they did to newcastle - what exactly are they getting out of keep pretending to be able to afford to buy football clubs? I don’t get it. 

27 minutes ago, YouRams said:

But is it unwillingness or inability to because of the current takeover, it’s all speculation at the minute, I think people are being unfair towards MM, he’s made some questionable decisions in his time but I still think he has Derby’s best interests at heart.

It could even be that he’s unearthed a Burnley like loan situation and he’s personally stalling the takeover to make sure he’s not leaving us in the wrong hands, nobody’s looking at it from that point of view. 

I don't think anyone has ever questioned whether Mel has Derbys best interests at heart, but so far he has tried to sell us to a guy who ended up in prison and a guy who apparently doesn't have any money.

Seems pretty desperate to me. First we back that ludicrous attempt by the Prem big boys to seize even more control in exchange for a bailout, then we take a loan from Dell, then we can't pay the players for a second year in a row, then we're in a transfer embargo and now we're looking for additional investment again. Doesn't scream to me that he is flush with cash at the moment. Doesn't mean I want him to ruin himself for the sake of the club either - I'd rather he sell all the players than do that.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was it not said that contracts had been exchanged?

If so, that creates a legal obligation. 

If BZG do pull out I think that will have been their last shot at owning an English football club.

To be a binding contract there are certain conditions 

A willingness to be bound by Terms and Conditions,\form a legal binding agreement

Offer and acceptance

Consideration...............the payment of money 

1 hour ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

It falls down at the point exact where most people's theories fall down.

If the sheikh is looking around for new investors, he won't have sent (or claim to have sent) us any money, and yet...

“On behalf of Derby County Football Club, Mel Morris, and prospective new owners Derventio Holdings, we collectively apologise, that due to an unexpected and last minute delay in the closing of the sale transaction, that your December pay will most likely be delayed until next week.

We have been assured by Derventio that the closing funds have been remitted, but as at this morning they had not arrived in their lawyer’s client account.

“As soon as they arrive, the transaction will close and we will process any outstanding payroll amounts immediately.”

Edited by Coconut

Running a football club successfully relies upon the owners to make excellent decisions and create a winning culture that aids development and confidence. 

I’d have more confidence in peeling up a spice addict off the floor of Derby city centre to run the club better than BZG at this moment in time. 

Seeing people claim that if a contract has been signed then it needs to go ahead. If the rumours that the backers have gone are true then I’d happily see Mel turn a blind eye to the contract. 

The consortium are jokers and we’re better off without them in my opinion. If Gadsby and co are willing to chip in until the end of the season then it at least buys Mel some time to find somebody else.

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

To be a binding contract there are certain conditions 

A willingness to be bound by Terms and Conditions,\form a legal binding agreement

Offer and acceptance

Consideration...............the payment of money 

Pretty sure exchange of contracts makes it legally binding. 

There can of course be caveats if anything happens between exchange and completion.

Does it not scream they dont have the money when they still need to pay 1/2 million legal fee for the botched newcastle takeover , then they think they can find 60 million for us .

Their coming across as Delboy and Rodney ( this time rodney next year we will be millionaires ) .

If they actually do find the money how confident are you they would find money for transfers , i dont want them now at all , i would sooner mel keep the reins and string us along some more till someone is found , they are not the people to let the club go to .

If Mel lets this go through then for me he doesnt care about the fottball club at all he just wants out at any cost , these are not the people to sell to .

Their a bunch of chancers getting by on the vague relationship with the man city chairman and the word SHEIK in his title basically a high class blagger and Mel has fallen for it . 

OH " To the Happy Clapper " brigade on here of everything is going to be alright . Well it isnt and thank god we dont have you lot who are dancing around in the fields sniffing magic mushrooms saying everything is wonderful running the club . Perish the thought . 

rant over . 

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Doesn't scream to me that he is flush with cash at the moment. Doesn't mean I want him to ruin himself for the sake of the club either - I'd rather he sell all the players than do that.

This could be why he’s taken the loan though people see “MM worth £500m” and think this is a bottomless pit of cash. That will be assets, business’s etc etc. I’d guess his actual cash pot has taken a huge dent which is why it’s ludicrous to think he’d just let us fall into administration, he deserves a return on his investment for how much he’s put In even if this deal is pulled and he finds a buyer for a lesser amount. 

I’d hate to see the likes of Knight and Sibley sold but if that has to happen for the good of the club and ultimately to find us another buyer then it has to happen.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Pretty sure exchange of contracts makes it legally binding. 

There can of course be caveats if anything happens between exchange and completion.

Is it not between Dervintio Holdings and Mel Morris (or whatever company).. If Dervintio Holdings don't have any cash or assets then how could you go about enforcing the contract anyway? 

3 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Is it not between Dervintio Holdings and Mel Morris (or whatever company).. If Dervintio Holdings don't have any cash or assets then how could you go about enforcing the contract anyway? 

Yeah I understand that.

I was more on about the fact that if this falls through it should be highly unlikely that he gets another shot at owning a football club over here.