Abu Derby County

Maybe deals aren't done in football in the same way but I'd have thought that a "Heads of Terms" document would have been signed ages ago which provides the contractual basis for the deal to complete. 

Importantly, such a document would set out what moneys are due by when so that being in default of that gives Mel is "out" clause without any further legal wrangling. 

Very odd scenario we're in at the moment. 

Either which way this 'takeover' goes I think things are rapidly approaching closure now. No way can this continue. Too many newspapers and news broadcaster's are asking questions on a near hourly basis.

Edited by one_chop
7 hours ago, one_chop said:

I don't want to put a negative vibe on this thread but I can see the club entering into Administration next week. 

Not like you to want to spin a negative vibe😀 but you’re probably right.

Can we now look forward to daily “we’re going into administration” messages instead of the previous “the takeover isn’t happening” rinse and repeat?

7 hours ago, one_chop said:

I don't want to put a negative vibe on this thread but I can see the club entering into Administration next week. 

What makes you think MM would let us go into administration, rather than just pump a few extra quid in/sell a few players to keep us afloat then wait for another buyer?