Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel needs to get out this club. I genuinely am starting to hate this club. Starting to lose the love I have. Feel so disconnected. Still no money received for last year. Thousands of calls to the club for no money. We’re the banter club of the efl now. Can’t wait to start supporting afc Derby 

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

So Knight and Sibley to Leeds it is then.

Marriott to Wednesday, whether they like it or not.

Looks like the key now is to avoid administration and desperately hope the remaining squad can avoid relegation.

Then Mel can sell the club with a lower wage bill and hopefully a proper income (covid willing) in the summer. 

How thoroughly depressing. I generally believe in not overreacting to these headlines but this is starting too have a really desperate feeling to to it. My main concern had been the impact of this on this transfer window but I have to admit the future of the club could be at stake. 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

League one here we come (if we’re lucky it’s not none league) clearly another loan from MSD means he’s not expecting the take over at all

Heck, that's four one line posts (OK, the latest is a line plus two words) you've made within 18 minutes.

Take a deep breath buddy and give your keyboard a rest. 

I guess it could be that it's only a short term loan he is seeking (maybe as short as a few days) to cover the wages and sale is still on but, it's looking more and more unlikely. It seems like the next two days are critical.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Heck, that's four one line posts (OK, the latest is a line plus two words) you've made within 18 minutes.

Take a deep breath buddy and give your keyboard a rest. 

I guess it could be that it's only a short term loan he is seeking (maybe as short as a few days) to cover the wages and sale is still on but, it's looking more and more unlikely. It seems like the next two days are critical.

True mate! Just hate to see us in this situation 

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Mel needs to get out this club. I genuinely am starting to hate this club. Starting to lose the love I have. Feel so disconnected. Still no money received for last year. Thousands of calls to the club for no money. We’re the banter club of the efl now. Can’t wait to start supporting afc Derby 

To be fair, he is trying to get out of the club but can't close the sale.

No way am I starting to hate the club, how could you when it's the club you support? I hate what's happening and, when the truth finally emerges I won't have a lot of love for the person who got us here (whether that's Mel or not remains to be seen but it aint looking good) but I can't imagine ever hating the club.

Just now, James Pond said:

Either, Club throw the towell in or creditor seeks redress through the courts

Complicated by MSD involvement. The charges give them first refusal at the assets before any insolvency event, even a meeting.

I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. If they decide to take the club as a going concern we might actually have an instant back door takeover. If they decide to go for liquidation of assets we could be looking at AFC Derby County very shortly.

Archived