Abu Derby County

tinman

I think the real cornerstone of the debate should surely be, upon the announcement of the takeover being completed, should a new thread be started to honour the new era of DCFC shenanigans, or the current thread maintained because traditions of name calling, flouncing, off topic, random weirdness, forum rage, jokes, puns and of course more puns are important?

I vote to keep this thread.

8 minutes ago, Rupert said:

Wait,what’s all this takeover business? When did all this happen,what have i missed?!

'T'was a balmy night in Ye Olde Belle Alehouse.  The date... erm... something, something, 1884. 
A small group of gentlemen gathered hence, tanked up on ye olde tankardes of ye locally brewed ale, and between them...

Ah shove it.  I can't be ar5ed!

Here's a link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_County_F.C.#Beginning_and_early_success

I know this is not strictly to do with the Rams but I have just read an article in the Leicester Mercury regarding a loan Leicester City have taken out with an Australian bank, they need the money to fund player purchases this window. The loan is secured against payments city will receive from the Premier League up to January 2023. In October they took out a loan with the same bank to receive a £17million instalment of Chilwell's transfer fee to Chelsea. It is the ninth loan they have taken out since 2018. Bearing in mind the owners of the club are worth £2.5 billion, it shows that they haven't got the cash to splash,and I guess it will be the same with our prospective new owners as it probably is with MM.