Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I'm sure Percy's latest article said today could be the day.

Looking forward to another day of broken promises and shattered dreams!!?

News just in - January 13th & 14th are public holidays in Dubai  to celebrate the day the first foreigner to the UAE realised that the Emirates wasn’t Saudi Arabia. These public holidays in tandem with every man and his oil well having Fridays off (Richard & Judy would love it out there) marks and extended period of time off. Families will gather together and watch a man being lashed who would have been stoned  in Saudi to symbolise the progress being made. 

In other news - DCFC fans goes into meltdown and One Chop receives the Freedom of the City of Derby 

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Today’s the day, I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes.

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes.
Well love is all around me, and so the feeling grows.
It's written on the wind, it's everywhere I go.
So if you really love me, come on and let it show.

You know I love you, I always will.
My mind's made up by the way that I feel.
There's no beginning, there'll be no end.
'Cause on my love you can depend.

So just pay the ducking money ffs

1 hour ago, rad1919 said:

I'm sure Percy's latest article said today could be the day.

Looking forward to another day of broken promises and shattered dreams!!?

No one from the club has promised anything, as has been the case all along. Percy wrote "...sources close to the talks insisting it could even be sealed by Wednesday." Could being the important word here.

The only thing that is guaranteed, is that there will be a lot of bed wetting and hysteria from Derby fans regardless of whether the deal is completed and announced today or not. That is a promise! ? 

I think the first indicator that things will be moving forward is if there is a leak from within the club saying players have or still haven't been paid.

23 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

What happens when the English court orders that the judgment creditor can enforce against their English assets?

I wondered whether you were worried about the club and its assets. They will not be owned by the judgement creditor so can’t be impacted by any of this. The facts suggest that creditor does not have any assets in the U.K. at all. I also think they did not even bother to defend the high court application - if correct, that may have been because of the lack of assets here. 

This may have been sharp practice by BZG. Or it may have been a sensible way to respond to Ashley’s Antics. There could be other excusable reasons. We can only judge if we have many more facts - unlikely to happen

43 minutes ago, roboto said:

No one from the club has promised anything, as has been the case all along. Percy wrote "...sources close to the talks insisting it could even be sealed by Wednesday." Could being the important word here.

The only thing that is guaranteed, is that there will be a lot of bed wetting and hysteria from Derby fans regardless of whether the deal is completed and announced today or not. That is a promise! ? 

I think the first indicator that things will be moving forward is if there is a leak from within the club saying players have or still haven't been paid.

That's not actually true! On 15th December Derby County and Bin Zayed International issued a statement. 

Ideal scenario is it goes through today, with Rooney confirmed by teatime and a couple of new players holding scarves above their heads tomorrow ready for Saturday.

Realistic scenario is that we will still be in the same position this time next week.

Archived