Jump to content

Abu Derby County


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Beetle said:

It's crazy isn't it? How can a club like Derby not be able to sustainably afford a squad good enough to compete at the top of the 2nd Division. No idea why anyone would want to waste so much money on us.

The question is why is our wage bill still so ridiculously high? Some more bigger earners can go as far as I'm concerned. Lawrence being one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The worse thing about this is we sacked cocu in accordance with the new ownership they advised they wanted maclaren and also they are having an input in the new manager. If Morris was unsure of them why the hell would he sack cocu and pay compo when the takeover wasn't finalised. Granted it was the correct decision to sack him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The worse thing about this is we sacked cocu in accordance with the new ownership they advised they wanted maclaren and also they are having an input in the new manager. If Morris was unsure of them why the hell would he sack cocu and pay compo when the takeover wasn't finalised. Granted it was the correct decision to sack him 

Probably the same reason he had to scramble last minute last year to ensure the players were paid after being so sure Gabays money would pay for them...

He is either very unlucky, too trusting, or is so desperate to sell the club he is willing to take risks with who he does business with. That Chris Samuelson bloke who brokered the deal hardly came with glowing references.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So having Googled it if sent from dubai to here it can take 2 to 4 working days. Friday was a bank holiday so the fourth working day us today. Add on checks from lawyers etc there would be no excuse as of Friday if its not done. 

Screenshot_20210106-130850_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thing is, it was supposed to ARRIVE by Thursday morning (ie. by Wednesday) meaning they should have remitted it Monday or Tuesday latest last week? They didn't start the remittance on Thursday right?

So it's been well overdue I reckon (guessing)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Probably the same reason he had to scramble last minute last year to ensure the players were paid after being so sure Gabays money would pay for them...

He is either very unlucky, too trusting, or is so desperate to sell the club he is willing to take risks with who he does business with. That Chris Samuelson bloke who brokered the deal hardly came with glowing references.

I think Covid has made this desperate. And I fear we will be losers for this. Who really wants a football club in the current climate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Thing is, it was supposed to ARRIVE by Thursday morning (ie. by Wednesday) meaning they should have remitted it Monday or Tuesday latest last week? They didn't start the remittance on Thursday right?

So it's been well overdue I reckon (guessing)

The telegraph article said they remitted it on Thursday which is why with the working days if it takes 4 working days like some Google links say that would be today 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The worse thing about this is we sacked cocu in accordance with the new ownership they advised they wanted maclaren and also they are having an input in the new manager. If Morris was unsure of them why the hell would he sack cocu and pay compo when the takeover wasn't finalised. Granted it was the correct decision to sack him.

This is getting silly now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I think Covid has made this desperate. And I fear we will be losers for this. Who really wants a football club in the current climate?

i think you have a point but then  again could this be a case of buying at the bottom ? Ok so we are loss making (as are most championship clubs) but even without the stadium as an asset £ 30,000,000 actually has human scale in terms of the Billions that get talked about elsewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is getting silly now.

The first bit I am referring to we sacked him with the compo pay off not sacking him for football reasons. The 2 million compo (if it was near to this or whatever) would have eaten in to ffp when we are sailing close to it anyway. He did this in conjunction with the new owners who didn't even own the club or anywhere near to owning it as this was nearly 2 months ago 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The first bit I am referring to we sacked him with the compo pay off not sacking him for football reasons. The 2 million compo (if it was near to this or whatever) would have eaten in to ffp when we are sailing close to it anyway. He did this in conjunction with the new owners who didn't even own the club or anywhere near to owning it as this was nearly 2 months ago 

??? Why did we sack him - imagine how much it might have cost if we were nearer to being relegated than we are now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've sussed it. This is a new Sacha Baron Cohen project. He's pretending to be a mega rich Sheikh and setting up deals to buy clubs. What he's then doing is seeing what stupid things he can get the club to do until they finally realise it's just a wind up.

He started small by getting the club to 'target' an illegible payer. He slightly escalated it by getting the club to name four joint managers. Then appoint the least qualified of the four as sole manager.  Next he told the club to get Steve McClaren back for a fifth time. Then he told Mel not to worry about the wages as it was pocket change and he'd sort it. It was only when he insisted on changing the Ram for a Camel that Mel realised he'd been had.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

??? Why did we sack him - imagine how much it might have cost if we were nearer to being relegated than we are now! 

Granted it would have cost more if we were relegated but there had only been 12 games gone. I'm glad he went don't get me wrong I hated the football. What I am saying is he allowed a source from outside the club who were buying us to say they didn't want him. He sacked him and paid him off without the takeover having been finalised. So if it falls through now we have a 2 million sacking against the club with no money in. This will affect the January transfer budget if the takeover collapses 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Derby County football club. The media reported the loan was in the region between £15 mill and £30 mill with the stadium offered as security. Not sure why you are so incredulous at this - if the amount is even less than reported that is even more worrying.

Derby County don't own the ground so not sure that the debt is in the football club.

I think the club has subsequently taken a loan secured against the training ground but I have no idea on the amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the local journalists are getting a little fed up with it all too.

Steve Nicholson was at least able to give little updates, he was telling us it was imminent and very close etc and he was reporting that this information was being given by the club. That seems to have stopped though, the club have clearly shut up shop and if all was well, nicko would no doubt be saying "soon", "it's still on", "club say dont panic" etc, but that isnt the case. The club arent giving anything away.

Also the phone in Monday night, both Chris Coles and Eric Steele spoke of how worrying it is that players hadnt been paid. And Steele, who probably knows Rooney better than most connected to Derby County, you could tell he was frustrated that Rooney isnt yet able to sign anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

...What I am saying is he allowed a source from outside the club who were buying us to say they didn't want him. He sacked him and paid him off without the takeover having been finalised. So if it falls through now we have a 2 million sacking against the club with no money in. This will affect the January transfer budget if the takeover collapses 

You don't know whose decision it was. But anyway I can't see Mel not wanting to sack him, the takeover machinations just made it more tricky. It was always going to happen if we didn't want to be certainties for relegation under Cocu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.