Abu Derby County

Do you not think Mel has a good reason to remain silent?

He's not hidden before - in fact, you could criticise him for being omnipresent to the point of detriment. He got so involved at points he almost made himself accountable for on pitch affairs, which is not the role of the owner. He's been on phone ins, created fan forums for us to ask questions and didn't disappear after managerial sackings or playoff failings. 

We could speculate about what's causing the hold up, but beyond releasing club statements, what could anyone else possibly do? These matters are long, drawn out legal affairs involved lots of wealthy people with massive egos and money tied up in all sorts of places. One misstep in the public sphere could destroy the whole thing. It's not worth jeopardising that.

There's never been any doubt in my mind that Mel Morris has the best interests of the club at heart. His methods for achieving his aims are what's up for debate.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

He's not hidden before - in fact, you could criticise him for being omnipresent to the point of detriment. He got so involved at points he almost made himself accountable for on pitch affairs, which is not the role of the owner. He's been on phone ins, created fan forums for us to ask questions and didn't disappear after managerial sackings or playoff failings. 

We could speculate about what's causing the hold up, but beyond releasing club statements, what could anyone else possibly do? These matters are long, drawn out legal affairs involved lots of wealthy people with massive egos and money tied up in all sorts of places. One misstep in the public sphere could destroy the whole thing. It's not worth jeopardising that.

There's never been any doubt in my mind that Mel Morris has the best interests of the club at heart. His methods for achieving his aims are what's up for debate.

He’s definitely hidden in the past year!

Can you see Mel Morris appear on a sportscene talk in? I definitely don’t! The narrative has gone from competing at the top end of the championship, to blooding kids and selling them on. It’s clear he wants rid as soon possible! 

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Maybe he's signed a...Non-disclosure order🤷‍♀️

11 hours ago, falconram said:

Is it the loan from Dell earlier this year what's caused a problem? 

Hello, there always seems to be a problem with a Dell, though rumour has it, we'll be right as rain

Edited by Bwash_Ram
2 hours ago, Gritty said:

I would actually rather this fall through and we wait for a better investor.  If that means we have to keep playing kids and getting in cheap deals for a while until finances sorted, so be it.  

And what if Mel can't afford to cover any costs anymore? We've already had to take a £30 mill loan - are you happy for us to take even more than that? 

I'd be more than happy for Mel to stay in control of the club. His intention has always been to invest in the academy. If we end up selling some of the players that come through then I would have thought that is a good thing as long as the money is reinvested in the squad. We are currently paying for living beyond our means.

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

And what if Mel can't afford to cover any costs anymore? We've already had to take a £30 mill loan - are you happy for us to take even more than that? 

And it's things like this that make me wonder what on earth anyone would want to put money into a football club for. It makes no sense, it's not like they'll be getting a cheap deal.

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

Where’s Morris hiding any road ? 

Normally there’s not a week that goes by without him popping up on Talksport having a rant about something or other.

I can’t remember the last time he appeared anywhere coincidentally 

So just to recap, theres not a week that goes by without him popping up on Talksport but you cant remember the last time he appeared anywhere?

14 hours ago, europia said:

Maybe a bit premature. Will have to wait until official confirmation from the club. What is fairly apparent, we are a long way off the initial euphoria when the deal was announced, with some talking of a ManCity scale investment. Now appears more like the prospective owners could be scratching around for investment in order to pay Mr Morris his £60m. Otherwise they may have just got cold feet and aren't picking up the phone and ignoring emails. 

This was always daft talk anyway. 

It may not happen at the same time it’s still possible.

But it’ll be interesting to see if a collapse is reported. It wasn’t when the Gabay deal fell through!

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who is we? And where has your figure of £30m come from?

Derby County football club. The media reported the loan was in the region between £15 mill and £30 mill with the stadium offered as security. Not sure why you are so incredulous at this - if the amount is even less than reported that is even more worrying.