Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

My memory suggested something along the lines of a promise of a picture of you in a red dog shirt subsequently being replaced with an actual picture of broccoli.

Now, I'm the first to admit I have the lousiest of lousy memories, and am certainly too idle to trawl back and find evidence, so If my memories cause me to post the wrong info, then I'll be straight back to apologise in person... In fact I'll apologise now, just in case.

Sorry, @David... if I was wrong!

...In the meantime, if anyone can come and back me up here... I'm looking at you, @DarkFruitsRam7... there's a pint in it for you!  ?

The bet was, having a Forest profile picture. That was it. Members on here tried to twist it into something else, I started out with a broccoli pic followed by a picture from Forest v Stoke. 

Was never meant to be permanent or anything like that. I satisfied the bet and my conscious is clear.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

My memory suggested something along the lines of a promise of a picture of you in a red dog shirt subsequently being replaced with an actual picture of broccoli.

Now, I'm the first to admit I have the lousiest of lousy memories, and am certainly too idle to trawl back and find evidence, so If my memories cause me to post the wrong info, then I'll be straight back to apologise in person... In fact I'll apologise now, just in case.

Sorry, @David... if I was wrong!

...In the meantime, if anyone can come and back me up here... I'm looking at you, @DarkFruitsRam7... there's a pint in it for you!  ?

I believe the bet was to change his profile picture to a Forest badge but, like you, I can’t be arsed to trawl through the archives.

What I do know for sure is that he bottled the bet.

If @Millenniumram keeps to his original promise, I’ll have more respect for him than @David. It’s a low bar mind!

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I believe the bet was to change his profile picture to a Forest badge but, like you, I can’t be arsed to trawl through the archives.

What I do know for sure is that he bottled the bet.

If @Millenniumram keeps to his original promise, I’ll have more respect for him than @David. It’s a low bar mind!

Can believe what you like but you’re wrong....again

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

When you say "Keep to my promises", did you mean "Move the goalposts now it looks like I may be wrong"?

In which case, then yes, I'm sure @Davidwill be giving you his full support.  ?

I’ll do the original one if you’d rather. I thought a profile pic was worse to be honest as that’s what stands out more, but hey, it doesn’t matter either way up. This takeover will not happen. Fact.

35 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

It amazes me that people who probably only pay £50 a month if their large Credit Card bill are so informed about multi million pound business contracts ?

We'd be more informed if they told us what was going on - what is so secret?!

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Do you mean your mind's gone blank David? ?

Nope, I remember it clear as day! The bet went down on Twitter, sadly the other sides tweets were mysteriously and conveniently deleted, yet we have members on here claiming to have read the terms and conditions!

Trolls.

12 minutes ago, David said:

The bet was, having a Forest profile picture. That was it. Members on here tried to twist it into something else, I started out with a broccoli pic followed by a picture from Forest v Stoke. 

Was never meant to be permanent or anything like that. I satisfied the bet and my conscious is clear.

Your profile should be a picture of Steve Mac3,as a sign of true love ❤️.

2 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

I wonder if people’s anxieties are slightly worse because people can’t vent in the stands or at the pub with their mates and the overreactions are a bit more silly than the regular silly overreactions pre Covid.

nah, we've always been bed wetters. 

23 minutes ago, David said:

More Welch than Tom Lawrence striding through the valleys singing the green green grass of home, while chewing a leek and kissing a picture of Richard Burton.

2 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

nah, we've always been bed wetters. 

Over the years, many people have commented on how Derby is a footballing town and how the fans were knowledgeable. I wonder how many that have been involved with the club over the past 10 years would make that same statement!

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

More Welch than Tom Lawrence striding through the valleys singing the green green grass of home, while chewing a leek and kissing a picture of Richard Burton.

that sounds like a fantastic voyage 

15 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Do you mean your mind's gone blank David? ?

Pedantry alert:

David said..... 

Was never meant to be permanent or anything like that. I satisfied the bet and my conscious is clear.

David of course meant to say "conscience" as in his subliminal belief of what is reasonable. 

He wrote "conscious" which I defined for him as being a state of mental competence or capable of thought. 

Hence my somewhat pee taking post........... 

Sorry Boss! 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who the Derby fans or just me? 

All of us.

Mel told us he was looking for a buyer or investor. since then we were told about Derventio Holdings offer to buy the club. We have now had another statement saying the deal is still on.

What more do you need to know?

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Pedantry alert:

David said..... 

Was never meant to be permanent or anything like that. I satisfied the bet and my conscious is clear.

David of course meant to say "conscience" as in his subliminal belief of what is reasonable. 

He wrote "conscious" which I defined for him as being a state of mental competence or capable of thought. 

Hence my somewhat pee taking post........... 

Sorry Boss! 

Perhaps just draw him a picture.

Archived