Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I think it’s sad that the club has to put out a statement because a lot grown men can’t have patience and continue to get their knickers in a twist over something they have zero knowledge of.

What I don't understand is why they can't keep the fans 'in the loop'? What is so secret?! Meh.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Minute possibility of a meltdown but Mel has half a billion and may have it covered. I remain a big fan of Mel and I will keep my icon whilstsoever he is on the board or similar 

Not filled with confidence I’m afraid.....

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

They won’t need to, because there’s 0 chance this goes through ?

Maybe if it does, a profile picture change might be more apt on second thoughts. To show that I keep to my promises, unlike @David ?

I dunno, Big Chungus quite suits the opinions that goes with it ?.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Blooming eck. When are you fifteen mate? ?

Just deeply concerned at the current situation this club is in.....

Don’t patronise 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Just deeply concerned at the current situation this club is in.....

Don’t patronise 

FFS man! 

The situation we are in is that our owner would rather cash out than see his personal wealth drop him out of the top 270 in the UK. 

In my lifetime we've been skint, utterly skint and in court ourselves. We've been bought for a quid once this millennium already by a bunch of genuine crooks. 

Ease up on the blooming melodrama - it's unnecessary and bad for your own health. 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

FFS man! 

The situation we are in is that our owner would rather cash out than see his personal wealth drop him out of the top 270 in the UK. 

In my lifetime we've been skint, utterly skint and in court ourselves. We've been bought for a quid once this millennium already by a bunch of genuine crooks. 

Ease up on the blooming melodrama - it's unnecessary and bad for your own health. 

You’ve got all that from one sentence.....

Once again don’t patronise....

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

FFS man! 

Well said that man!

Ideal time to take over would be just before January. No blame attaches from poor performances/results prior to Christmas when there's nothing they could do about it anyway. In January, whatever FFP wriggle room is available to us can be flexed in the transgfer market to get some shade of optimism flowing.

It also gives Wayne a good long try before you buy period as manager. I think it'll go through smoothly early next week.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

They haven’t said which Christmas that it will be completed by. 
Also what is meant by “applying our full attention”?

This implies that they have been fannying around for quite some time. 

Not really perhaps just means lawyers and accountants have been doing their stuff which always takes forever to justify their huge extortionate fees, perhaps they have had other deals completing, perhaps there have been some covid setbacks in the teams working on it, etc etc. Could be anything. But probably means we should all butt out so they can apply their full attention rather than doing press releases

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

They won’t need to, because there’s 0 chance this goes through ?

Maybe if it does, a profile picture change might be more apt on second thoughts. To show that I keep to my promises, unlike @David ?

When you say "Keep to my promises", did you mean "Move the goalposts now it looks like I may be wrong"?

In which case, then yes, I'm sure @Davidwill be giving you his full support.  ?

On 08/12/2020 at 15:02, Bubbles said:

It's on course to be completed before Christmas. Don't worry. - This is a very complicated takeover, with all the outstanding loans and Mel's creative accounting making it a lot more complicated.

No information has been released due to both parties signing NDA's.

BZG don't want a repeat of the failed Newcastle takeover, where all the information was publicized, so all information is being kept private.

Hold ups will most likely be the loans that Mel took out.

But for now it hasn't collapsed. And I highly doubt it will. BZG were hugely disappointed and embarrassed when the Newcastle takeover fell through.

Their intentions are genuine, and I can guarantee their plans for the future of Derby County are very exciting.

Keep the faith.

You laughed at me.. But I told you it was on course for Christmas... I told you the truth. ?

2 minutes ago, David said:

I kept my promise!

My memory suggested something along the lines of a promise of a picture of you in a red dog shirt subsequently being replaced with an actual picture of broccoli.

Now, I'm the first to admit I have the lousiest of lousy memories, and am certainly too idle to trawl back and find evidence, so If my memories cause me to post the wrong info, then I'll be straight back to apologise in person... In fact I'll apologise now, just in case.

Sorry, @David... if I was wrong!

...In the meantime, if anyone can come and back me up here... I'm looking at you, @DarkFruitsRam7... there's a pint in it for you!  ?

Archived