Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Personally, until football as a whole decides they will not take money from certain countries or individuals I think Derby should accept the investment as long as we draw some red lines. If those red lines are crossed over I'd be very disappointed in the club and I would find it difficult to put my money into it if I'm being honest. I'd obviously rather us find investors with none of these ethical problems but if there are none to be found it's not like Mel can continue to fund the club indefinitely. 

Excellent post tyvm ?

Gotta say I share concerns about our potential new owners but as you rightly sum up in your final paragraph 'until football decides they will not take money from certain countries or individuals I think we should accept the investment'.

I've been a Ram for 35 years before they arrived (assuming they do!) and will hopefully still be around long after they have gone.  I love my football and enjoy my days out at PP but if the new owners cross 'the red line' - whatever that may means, I'd regrettably switch to being an armchair fan. 

Not gonna worry about something that may or may not happen though, my glass, for the time being at least, is still half full.

1 minute ago, James Pond said:

Define Successfull, Wining trophies, A play off place every other season but failing, Mid table maybe, Finishing 17th in the Premier league season on season, Be another Leicester...What?

Whatever it is that people define it as. It doesn’t matter. Generally improving would be success and using that logic would ultimately be promotion and trophies. Being in the championship forever isn’t success.

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Leicester fans watch their team go toe to toe with Mane, Salah, De Bryne.. Why should that not appeal to me more than watching us play Wycombe? 

I couldn't tell you fella why it wouldn't appeal to you, Ask yourself that question and you might get the answer you're looking for.

32 minutes ago, James Pond said:

It wouldn't effect my life one jot, I've been there, Seen that and got enough T shirts to sell on ebay.

Is it possible that those who would want us promoted...only want to see those opposing players in real life, As opposed to TV?

Do you mean you watched another team in the National league ? or played there?.  

Why it wouldn't bother you seeing this club in the national league is beyond me. That's not a dig by the way, I'm just not getting why 3 relegations wouldn't be off consequence as a supporter. I'm interested.

4 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Define Successfull, Wining trophies, A play off place every other season but failing, Mid table maybe, Finishing 17th in the Premier league season on season, Be another Leicester...What?

For me it’s promotion and trophies. I would rather win a cup over anything. Secondly, it would be promotion. 

2 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Whatever it is that people define it as. It doesn’t matter. Generally improving would be success and using that logic would ultimately be promotion and trophies. Being in the championship forever isn’t success.

Hhhmmmm?

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

Excellent post tyvm ?

Gotta say I share concerns about our potential new owners but as you rightly sum up in your final paragraph 'until football decides they will not take money from certain countries or individuals I think we should accept the investment'.

I've been a Ram for 35 years before they arrived (assuming they do!) and will hopefully still be around long after they have gone.  I love my football and enjoy my days out at PP but if the new owners cross 'the red line' - whatever that may means, I'd regrettably switch to being an armchair fan. 

Not gonna worry about something that may or may not happen though, my glass, for the time being at least, is still half full.

Yeah, It's difficult as ideally you'd want investors without these kinds of ethical problems. I should have been clearer on the red line haha but I'm not even totally sure where that is right now in my mind, I just think I'll know when I see it. For some people the mere ownership of the club is a red line we should not cross and I respect that view. Like you, I'm going to concentrate on the football for now as we've got enough concerns on the pitch to worry about let alone off the pitch

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Do you mean you watched another team in the National league ? or played there?.  

Why it wouldn't bother you seeing this club in the national league is beyond me. That's not a dig by the way, I'm just not getting why 3 relegations wouldn't be off consequence as a supporter. I'm interested.

I've watched both Matlock Town and Mickleover Sports and find both more entertaining that Professional football.

Why would it bother me i'd ask, It's just a game, It's not my life...it used to be back in the day, Not now tho.

Just now, Bubbles said:

Banks are shut mate. how can they send over the money

Just as Carl said, it gave me massive flashbacks to the nonsense that used to go on down at Forest with Fawaz. Last week the delay was for a different reason. Delay. Delay. Delay. 

Just puts me on edge a bit, especially when we're all still essentially in the dark as to how much this guy is actually worth. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Just as Carl said, it gave me massive flashbacks to the nonsense that used to go on down at Forest with Fawaz. Last week the delay was for a different reason. Delay. Delay. Delay. 

Just puts me on edge a bit, especially when we're all still essentially in the dark as to how much this guy is actually worth. 

I understand your concerns mate, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have them myself.

For what it's worth I heard it's The Bin Zayed Group taking us over, rather than Sheikh Khaled individually (not sure how legitimate that claim is).

If it is BZG taking us over, they are heavily successful, so it does look positive, but you're right. I'm on edge a bit, hopefully it clears up soon and we can look forward to the future, whether it's in the championship or league one!

3 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I understand your concerns mate, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have them myself.

For what it's worth I heard it's The Bin Zayed Group taking us over, rather than Sheikh Khaled individually (not sure how legitimate that claim is).

If it is BZG taking us over, they are heavily successful, so it does look positive, but you're right. I'm on edge a bit, hopefully it clears up soon and we can look forward to the future, whether it's in the championship or league one!

Those guys have money (BZG) they invested 2 billion into a large city in India, Telengana. There’s a video on YouTube with them signing the documents etc. 

I think these guys will be great for us..

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Totally agree with @Carl Saganon this.

Delayed because of a bank holiday? Hmm. Something just doesn't seem right about that to me.

agreed but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen     it just means they don't want to tell us exactly why it's not signed yet (eg difficult re-negotiations w 32red)

if we knew what the real reason was, we'd be able to judge whether it might scupper the deal     I doubt it will  

Archived