Abu Derby County

tinman

23 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

The silence is deafening .

Its o.k to leak the story out someones taking over by the formation of that company " derventinio holdings " or whatever , they knew when that happened the story would break . Since then the impression has been it will be over in a few days most it will take is the international break or this is the impression we were lead to believe. 

They issue a statement of there will be no further discussion on this subject till the takeover is done , well thats damn convenient isnt it .

What about now alot of time has passed no new information no nothing . All this is now doing is unsettling fans players and the club .If the new owners want to get respected by the fans that are going to turn up at games they need to give out some information now either that or Mel Morris does as this is fast turning into a complete farce and the fans deserve better .As Derby fans we have had to put up with some proper crap for years while turning up to spend our money , i know joe public these days are treated like sheep ( pardon the pun lol ) But the silence is becoming disrespectful to the fans and the club and the players and all staff . 

Get it done now or go away so we can move on .We all know this year deep down its either league 1 with no money or league 1 with the biggest sack full of cash in the history of the football league and i think its what we need . A damn good overhaul and clearout and start again at least if a takeover happens we have the finance and we are not marooned with no money . 

Something smells bad about all of this now ,if it isnt done this week then the writing is deffo on the wall its takover failed attempt number 3 and these guys want banning ! .

Cut out all the positive stuff, and let us know what you really think.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Incorporated on the 2nd of September actually. Although, it still took almost 2 months for news of the takeover to hit the headlines.

Ah right, I knew it wasn't as recent as the news coming out. 

Call me crazy, i don't know. But seeing as gambling is banned in the UAE, could our sponsors 32Red be the holdup? Could we be working on a viable solution to this?

I mean, a member of the royal family working with a betting company to provide Rooney a contract..

Simple thing to do would be to sack him & just have a plain shirt for rest of the season.

3 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Call me crazy, i don't know. But seeing as gambling is banned in the UAE, could our sponsors 32Red be the holdup? Could we be working on a viable solution to this?

I mean, a member of the royal family working with a betting company to provide Rooney a contract..

That's a very interesting point. Hadn't thought of that.

Wouldn't particularly easy to just drop them either, especially with the Rooney contract...

I'm just holding onto the hope that Man City took 2 weeks from announcing a takeover was close to actually completing it and they lost 8-0 just as things came to an end of the previous regime.

Not sure what week we are on now, the beginning of week 4 perhaps? So an announcement today or tomorrow followed by an 8 nil spanking to Boro and I will be filled with excitement.

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

That's a very interesting point. Hadn't thought of that.

Wouldn't particularly easy to just drop them either, especially with the Rooney contract...

I know that  the deal is in the UK obviously, but I don't know whether it could be potentially frowned upon working with them? I don't know the ins and outs of the law over there but with the club being bought out by Bin Zayed group (I think?) could this potentially make them look bad?

God knows, let's just hope we get the corner flag soon...

22 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Simple thing to do would be to sack him & just have a plain shirt for rest of the season.

Not sure it would be an issue tbh as we are not in the UAE, so it's not illegal.

I see it could be frowned upon though.

25 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Non issue, Man City have partnerships with gambling companies, brewers etc - It would affect a commercial decision in a country where that activity is legal.

24 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Surely they’d have thought of the gambling tie in etc prior to the offer and also the club operate in the “SKY Bet Championship” too. 

49 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Just look how much Sunderland/Newcastle have failed in takeovers and still left with crap owners. Newcastle fans have warned us about this so called group who are supposed to be our new owners. 

not heard these warnings      the ncstle fans I talk to spend their whole time complaining about how awful their existing owner is  

Given that the coaching quartet keep referencing that they are in charge for three games, and the announcement that no new permanent manager would be appointed until the new owners are in place doesn't that suggest club officials weren't envisaging a takeover to complete until the end of the month?

In business transaction terms, finalising a takeover from the point of a general deal being agreed in around four weeks isn't particularly slow - in fact given the complexity of the deal, the language issues, time zones and the fact that expensive lawyers are involved that is almost break neck!

If anyone with an official capacity to the club can relay what’s being said please do. None of the fans care if Mel is haggling for an extra couple of million. We just want this done one way or another so we can either get excited as to what the future holds or accept that the chips are down and we’re gonna need to all dig in and see if we can survive this pop season. 

No point having this bubble on until late December the damage will be done by then. Either come to an agreement and off your trot to waste some other clubs time. 

I know my above opinions are selfish and are maybe too simple but how everyone is feeling right now we deserve to have some clarity on what’s happening. 

I think you'll find that most of us fans are VERY fickle.

When things are going ok and Owner's are pumping money into the club for better facilities, perks on tickets and signing 'big' name players for large fee's they are lorded as being the best thing that ever happened to club.

When things start to unravel or the purse strings are tightened their awful, mean and are unfit to run OUR club. 

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If anyone with an official capacity to the club can relay what’s being said please do. None of the fans care if Mel is haggling for an extra couple of million. We just want this done one way or another so we can either get excited as to what the future holds or accept that the chips are down and we’re gonna need to all dig in and see if we can survive this pop season. 

No point having this bubble on until late December the damage will be done by then. Either come to an agreement and off your trot to waste some other clubs time. 

I know my above opinions are selfish and are maybe too simple but how everyone is feeling right now we deserve to have some clarity on what’s happening. 

I don’t feel I deserve to have some clarity. I do understand though TomTom why you might need some clear directions.

It is starting to feel similar to this time last year. The details broke about Henry Gabay investing in the club and the deal was set to conclude during December, with the 1st January of this year being the date it would all go through. And nothing materialised.

I'm hoping this isnt a case of Mel constantly refreshing his Halifax current account to see if 60 million has been deposited in.

Archived