13 hours ago, Kernow said:

My word, you like an overreaction don't you?

Where has it been said anywhere that there is any difficulties or hitches in the takeover. The media would love to run a story that the deal is up in smoke and we're ducked, yet I've not even seen any mention of that, not even speculation from the rags. I don't know an awful lot about the process of taking over a football club, and with the greatest respect I highly doubt you have either. However I imagine there is quite a lot of fine details that need to be focussed on in depth, and may well take a bit of time. Clubs shouldn't need to update fans on every single development on phone call to prevent a hissy-fit.

Regarding the brink of League 1 comment... we have 34 games to play and we're 3 points from safety. Yes, this season has been awful and a complete nightmare from start to finish, but anyone would think we're 30 points adrift with 11 games to play. We have plenty of time to get out of it, and make the right decisions to help make that as comfortable as possible. MM has had us in the top-half every single season, in the play-offs more often than not, and backed pretty much every manager he's had. It's arguably the over-backing of some managers which has found us in this position. But to compare us to Bolton and blame Morris for that is ridiculously unfair, much like that entire post to be quite honest.

Exactly my thoughts 

The purchase of a football club must be infinitely more difficult that buying a house and i know down the years i have been so frustrated at solicitors drawing things out and taking forever to complete the deal-it doesn't surprise me one bit once the legal guys get involved its never quick.Its how they justify their fee.  

5 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

I honestly have no idea.

What is your gut feeling? Do you think we'll get this deal over the line? All the uncertainty is obviously not helping with things both on and off the pitch. I appreciate you have to be careful how you articulate your personal views so understand if you'd prefer not to answer my question. 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What is your gut feeling? Do you think we'll get this deal over the line? All the uncertainty is obviously not helping with things both on and off the pitch. I appreciate you have to be careful how you articulate your personal views so understand if you'd prefer not to answer my question. 

While this might be frustrating to read, I don’t really have a gut feeling, honestly.

I know as much as anyone else, based solely on the club’s statement & various media reports. In my previous role I’m sure I’d be trying to get in to the weeds of the story, but that’s not my gig now.

So I don’t think it’s right to offer a view when I’m no more informed than anyone else, if you know what I mean. 

13 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

See you in a week then...for your next update.

Next update will be the owners still know what is needed it will be done now next week as if I keep saying it the next week it will happen down the line and then I can say I told you so. He knows about as much as me my sisters husbands aunties boyfriends brother has told me the takeover will be done between now and Christmas. I'll keep a look out and when announced then you know who's got the info now. I've also been reliably informed christmas party will be at the old folks home in Derby for obvious reason inside our management team and rosenoir will be talking them to death as he's the guy who can chat. Hopefully doesn't give them the full bullcrap. Morris will be leaving in his 80 thousand pound Aston Martin which he's willing to sell for 40 million. The guy can inflate prices ill let him know when my house is due to go up for sale to get maximum price. If this takeover doesn't happen soon I just need someone on this forum who can tie really good knots in rope and ill find my own wooden beam 

Edited by Barney1991
6 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

While this might be frustrating to read, I don’t really have a gut feeling, honestly.

I know as much as anyone else, based solely on the club’s statement & various media reports. In my previous role I’m sure I’d be trying to get in to the weeds of the story, but that’s not my gig now.

So I don’t think it’s right to offer a view when I’m no more informed than anyone else, if you know what I mean. 

Cheers, just trying to find any crumb of positivity to cling to. Worrying times to be a Ram. Keep up the good work with Ramstv. 👍

We just need this to happen so the club can move on, we are in a really difficult position at the moment, this dragging on isn’t helping, understand it takes time to happen just don’t understand why the club said it was very close over 2 weeks ago and all local journalists said it would be done this week, if this goes fall through and Mel has to stay owner I’m sure he’d just give it rooney as the cheap option. The more games that pass that we lose the more likely the owners pull out as the more likely we are heading down.