Abu Derby County

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

agree, LR has the final say   but one thing WR has said is, 'keep it simple' and I think that's what we'll see tomorrow 

If you listen to Curtis Davies' interview on RamsTV he mentions there has been more emphasis on our attacking play in training so hopefully we will see some of that rather than the cautious approach we have had all season.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

If you listen to Curtis Davies' interview on RamsTV he mentions there has been more emphasis on our attacking play in training so hopefully we will see some of that rather than the cautious approach we have had all season.

I will miss the 'get to the halfway line then recycle to goalie' repetitive theme

5 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

I don’t necesserely think lack of attacking intent has been our problem it’s been this awful overplaying. If whoever comes in removes that element from our game it will be a good start. Pointless slow possession, it is awful football. 

In the interviews conducted post Cocu, that's what they are all aluding to. Curtis Davies is the biggest eye opener. 

3 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

I don’t necesserely think lack of attacking intent has been our problem it’s been this awful overplaying. If whoever comes in removes that element from our game it will be a good start. Pointless slow possession, it is awful football. 

Everything was slow and methodical, playing everything in front of the opposition. Every pundit has mentioned this when we've been on tv too.

Imo, it was about not losing the ball rather than playing with an attacking mentality, that's why, on so, so many occasions we'd play out from Marshall, get to the half way line, then go backwards again. It just gives the opposition so much time to get into shape and defend.

We were very aggressive first 20 mins vs Barnsley without ever hurting them, then we gave them a goal and gave up on our entire game plan. I find the biggest issue is we never get defences facing their own goal, when we won the ball back under Cocu it was more like hitting a reset button rather than a chance to attack. I get the feeling Rooney and Rosenior are going to bin that off straight away.

55 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's unlikely to play out that way. Put a group of people in a room and you'll naturally have a leader.
Given, as GK coach, will fall to one side, Walker, someone inexperienced at this level will go to another side, leaving Rooney and Rosenior. One of them still wants to be out there playing, so the man with the final say is...

There is an article on The Athletic in the last 4 hours interviewing LR and describe him as caretaker Manager.