Abu Derby County

tinman

9 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

6/4? So if I put £6 on I’d win £4 if it comes to fruition?
No wonder gamblers lose money. I suppose if you have a lot of money, it’s a good way to give some away. 

If he was 100/1 do you think that for every £100 you put on you would get a quid back......gamblers lose money, however not the way your suggesting ?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

If he was 100/1 do you think that for every £100 you put on you would get a quid back......gamblers lose money, however not the way your suggesting ?

Since you’ve put it like that, then no. I’ll have to put £4 on to make £6 then?

Right I’m off first thing tomorrow morning to put £8 on. Might as well go for it. 

17 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

6/4? So if I put £6 on I’d win £4 if it comes to fruition?
No wonder gamblers lose money. I suppose if you have a lot of money, it’s a good way to give some away. 

No, you'd win £9, plus your stake of £6, making a £15 return.

4 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Agree. I too have carried out work in Dubai. Also worked in Qatar and Kuwait but fortunately I dealt with Indian and Sri Lankan managers and business was far more brisk 

Indeed, I found the Asian managers and administrators very good, however, they were not in positions to finalise an agreement or sign a contract, only the local Emirati's were able to do that.

I was the Middle East regional manager for a large oil company supplying aircraft lubricants and fuel, with contracts worth upto £10 million each, so it took a good deal of negotiation and time, particularly the payment terms.

8 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

I think that the purchase is:

LIKELY: but could take longer than 28th Nov to go through.

Well this was the winning answer, with 100% of the votes.

(Of the 4 votes.)

But! I think it's an interesting result.  I expected people on this thread to be interested in the purchase, and perhaps more likely to think it will be likely to happen, but I think I expected people to think it would happen before the next home game.

I also think it's interesting that even though most people (who voted) think it's still a long way off, this is still usually thev most active thread.

15 hours ago, Mckram said:

Yep they introduced a salary cap.

Same happened in Russia years back!

Pretty sure it wasn't a salary cap, it was a change in registration rules so they had less foreign player limits.

They have bog standard Chinese players that don't make the national team on 50/60k a week because they require home grown Chinese players.

Players like Paulinho are on north of 500k a week.

18 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Right who is betting on Rafa Benitez?

He's currently the favourite.

Personally I can't for the life of me understand how Rafa Benitez would want to come to a club that is bottom of The Championship.

Because there are no decent Chinese restaurants and our police don’t follow you everywhere stopping you from talking to other non Chinese people might be a consideration 

53 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well, Peps just signed a new contract. 
sigh

It's just a way of getting round FFP. Our new sister club Man City will loan Pep to us whilst paying all of his wages. They'll bring in a replacement with a fantastic Champions League record, Roberto Di Matteo. Sorted.

Archived