Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Agreed money does talk. 

But surely we can't offer him more than what he is on in China?

The thing is he isn’t worth what he is currently being paid. The market in China is massively over inflated. Hence why players are going over there. 

If his family are still here he may of gone over to earn big money, there could be a break clause in the contract and he might want to come back here. All ifs and buts but I imagine with what he’s earned the past 12 months might mean his next contract doesn’t have to be massive. 

17 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The thing is he isn’t worth what he is currently being paid. The market in China is massively over inflated. Hence why players are going over there. 

If his family are still here he may of gone over to earn big money, there could be a break clause in the contract and he might want to come back here. All ifs and buts but I imagine with what he’s earned the past 12 months might mean his next contract doesn’t have to be massive. 

Is that still the case though?

Seems to have gone really quiet on players going to China to earn stupid amounts.

I'm sure I read somewhere a while ago that they can't offer anywhere near what they used to he able to?

I could have dreamt it though

54 minutes ago, Colm said:

Rafa turned down a new contract at Newcastle after doing a decent job there and ended up managing a Chinese club, money talks. His family is still based in England too so I think he could definitely be persuaded to come if the right offer is there.

He left Newcastle because of their craptacular owner - not to chase money elsewhere. After he left China was the best offer on the table, so he went there. If Newcastle had an owner who wasn't a complete moron Benitez would probably still be there today.

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

And for anyone doing business in the Gulf, I can assure you it can take years, not months, as a good deal of westerners have found to their dismay. My first contract with Etihad Airways took me 15 months to get all the signatures on the paperwork.

Agree. I too have carried out work in Dubai. Also worked in Qatar and Kuwait but fortunately I dealt with Indian and Sri Lankan managers and business was far more brisk 

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I once spilled my beans in Bubbles, and my tub of chicken. The chicken I picked up and ate based on my ‘3 seconds rule’, but the carpet was not in great condition so when the lady came into the room and asked me what I wanted I said a dustpan and brush. 

You're not the first. 

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Seems to have gone really quiet on players going to China to earn stupid amounts.

I'm sure I read somewhere a while ago that they can't offer anywhere near what they used to he able to?

I honestly don’t know if it is still like it but it definitely was the case when he went over there. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yep they introduced a salary cap.

Same happened in Russia years back!

44 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

I think they also introduced a tax on foreign players which was 100% of the transfer fee paid, think they did these things to promote home grown players 

Yeah although I think they can still give players bonuses to get round it...but it seems most clubs are taking it seriously and trying to live within their means now. 

Archived