Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, Bubbles said:

Very exciting news coming in the next 3 days... ? Not trying to be cryptic but can't give anything away. Will just say though that one of the things is the takeover. (Common Knowledge) the other thing isn't a manager... ? 

Pride Park is going to be used as a concert venue again next summer? This arose when Mel was talking to Stephen Pearce and said "Get the Sheikh in, Stephen". Pearce misunderstood and thought Mel wanted to book this guy (showing how much our third strip would suit him).

image.png.6c0fe53b080c79a41708e5b05dd38e25.png

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bubbles said:

Very exciting news coming in the next 3 days... ? Not trying to be cryptic but can't give anything away. Will just say though that one of the things is the takeover. (Common Knowledge) the other thing isn't a manager... ? 

You're name is Barry and I claim my fiver. (i.e Pretend wannabe)

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Doesn't matter as they are separate entities. Would it be any different to Chelsea letting us have Mount and Tomori on loan for the simple reason of helping Frank out?

I think it's that the rules stop any owner or club director from having any influence over other clubs in the league        Lampard was neither an owner or a director    so if FL can swing a loan deal w Chelsea that looks on commercial terms, no problem   

the new owners will need to be careful, because everyone knows the connection and the other clubs will make a big deal of it if they think there is collusion 

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Apparently we're also putting on a Flintstones event on that day so it's the Yabba Dabba Doo Abu Dhabi Derby Derby 

You guys do realise that this guy does not live in Abu Dhabi but in Dubai. He is related to that royal family... he is married into the Dubai Royal family. 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think it's that the rules stop any owner or club director from having any influence over other clubs in the league        Lampard was neither an owner or a director    so if FL can swing a loan deal w Chelsea that looks on commercial terms, no problem   

the new owners will need to be careful, because everyone knows the connection and the other clubs will make a big deal of it if they think there is collusion 

In business terms, there;s nothing linking Sheikh Khaled and Mansour. The only connection between them is being distant family.

The Red Bull teams are much closer connected but get around the UEFA rules (which are at least as strict as the PL/EFL rules). There is nothing the EFL or PL can do to stop player trading between our two teams, other than restrict numbers going out on loan, although that would apply to apply teams.

26 minutes ago, RedSox said:

A Stadium Sponsoring / renaming deal isn't good news and doesn't do anything for us, as Mel owns it - unless the Sheikh is buying it back and then having a mega-sponsoring deal that allows us to sign some more players, perhaps?

Really can’t believe that the deal to buy does not include the stadium freehold being secured.  

42 minutes ago, RedSox said:

A Stadium Sponsoring / renaming deal isn't good news and doesn't do anything for us, as Mel owns it - unless the Sheikh is buying it back and then having a mega-sponsoring deal that allows us to sign some more players, perhaps?

Don't West Ham (and a few others) lease their ground but still benefit from naming/sponsorhip deals? If so, then that suggests that ground sponsorhip is related to who has the lease rather than who actually owns the property....

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Really can’t believe that the deal to buy does not include the stadium freehold being secured.  

I agree, i can't see the sense in buying the business (the club) and not the property if they are looking to spend money on the club.

Only thing i could see otherwise is if Mel is keeping the ground "for the good of the club" and just biding his time to buy the club back when he's made some more money and has had a rest from it.

38 minutes ago, rammieib said:

You're name is Barry and I claim my fiver. (i.e Pretend wannabe)

I am hugely disappointed you'd even compare me to that specimen. ?

I'm going off what I heard. 

To clear things up, Sheikh Khaled will be taking ownership of the stadium, which will potentially lead to a sponsorship. (high chance).

I'm not claiming to be "ITK" or anything like that. I'm just going off of what I have heard.

Cheers x

25 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

I am hugely disappointed you'd even compare me to that specimen. ?

I'm going off what I heard. 

To clear things up, Sheikh Khaled will be taking ownership of the stadium, which will potentially lead to a sponsorship. (high chance).

I'm not claiming to be "ITK" or anything like that. I'm just going off of what I have heard.

Cheers x

Is that the extent of the exciting news?

Archived