Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, falconram said:

The remit changed from manager to manager, I know why gr walked away, 

Is this something that has been in the public domain or something you know for fact but has to remain confidential ?

If it’s the latter, fine, who am I to press you ? If it’s the former, I would be interested to know.

Two things

If i hadn't been paid from work i wouldn't turn up on Monday. I wouldn't blame the players if theyre on the phone to their agents trying to get away. You can't mess with peoples pay regardless of the money they are paid. It creates an ill feeling & its not professional 

If you're not moving forward & improving then you're going backwards. Everything is on hold because of this takeover. We can't even begin to start signing players because we don't know where we are shopping. 

1 minute ago, Mick Brolly said:

Where

What you trying to say? 

Inside the club at the moment, you’re right, there seems to be a dearth of them. 

Outside the club with all the mess we are in can you blame people wanting to vent at the ground. They obviously are not going to during a pandemic but if we are not careful we won’t have a club left as we know it. 

45 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mel has very nearly sold us to owners who couldn't even raise enough money to pay the first months wages, let alone actually buy the club.  He didnt do this once, he has done this twice, within a year. The same year the club was hit with EFL charges, charges we all know were dodgy, but charges because Mel had massively rubbed the EFL up the wrong way by trying to go toe to toe with them.

We sit here 3rd bottom of division 2, no permanent manager, currently no owner willing to spend, the club doesnt own it's own stadium, players havent been paid, refunds arent being paid to fans, nor emails replied to, players not happy due to lack of communication from the club and the fans have absolutely no idea which direction the club is heading.

Someone seriously needs to take the keys from Mel before he does serious damage.

So tell me which millionaire/billionaire with money to burn should he give the keys to?
Ridiculous post

15 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If i hadn't been paid from work i wouldn't turn up on Monday

And if you were paid an enormous amount? And had an enormous amount in the bank? And you knew the owner could afford to pay you, and would do so very soon ? And if the owner as well as your childhood hero and his ex-England manager boss explained to you that there were good reasons for the employer not paying you this month because of a monumental deal affecting the employer? And if they asked you please just to give the club a few more days at this time  ?

I think you’d say “ok that’s fine.”  And focus on the next game.  

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well we no longer own our stadium, was it with a mortgage before. I think financially we're much worse off and of course squad-wise fairly poor in comparison.

We never did own the stadium after the 3 amigos ..  Who owned it ? The Americans ? , the co-op bank ?  ..it looks to me that  Mel bought it - twice 

Squad ? The 2014 were at or close to their peak .... Now ? We have an academy that has produced talent for the club and saleable assets too. .. it’s been a painful and expensive exercise with many hind sight visible errors ... but it was Mel who coughed up. 

Mel will end up with the income from leasing a stadium back to whoever takes control ... ummmm why is that unreasonable given that he paid for the club including the stadium and them bought the effing thing again 

34 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Two things

If i hadn't been paid from work i wouldn't turn up on Monday. I wouldn't blame the players if theyre on the phone to their agents trying to get away. You can't mess with peoples pay regardless of the money they are paid. It creates an ill feeling & its not professional 

If you're not moving forward & improving then you're going backwards. Everything is on hold because of this takeover. We can't even begin to start signing players because we don't know where we are shopping. 

They didn't turn up, they all got Covid.

41 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Is this something that has been in the public domain or something you know for fact but has to remain confidential ?

If it’s the latter, fine, who am I to press you ? If it’s the former, I would be interested to know.

I shall say no more

10 minutes ago, jono said:

We never did own the stadium after the 3 amigos ..  Who owned it ? The Americans ? , the co-op bank ?  ..it looks to me that  Mel bought it - twice 

Squad ? The 2014 were at or close to their peak .... Now ? We have an academy that has produced talent for the club and saleable assets too. .. it’s been a painful and expensive exercise with many hind sight visible errors ... but it was Mel who coughed up. 

Mel will end up with the income from leasing a stadium back to whoever takes control ... ummmm why is that unreasonable given that he paid for the club including the stadium and them bought the effing thing again 

We didn't 'owe' £80m on the stadium, we didn't pay to lease it, we paid a mortgage.

We had a squad with a high value, even though we didn't sell. 

Mel paid for something that he hoped to make money out of when we were promoted - that went wrong and now he wants out.

53 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Are protests allowed in this lockdown like the previous one? Maybe we should air our anger at the stadium. 

That’s right .. start whipping up a mob .. grow up child ! Good God attitudes like that are sick anyway; but in the current circumstances and with examples as to why you shouldn’t, staring at you in the face ...Epsilon semi moron 

yeah ., sometimes I get narky ... this time .. no apologies. Idiot ! 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

The club owned the Stadium, courtesy of a £15m mortgage.

No one ever says they don't own a house because it's mortgaged, after all.

The mortgage was paid off by the club after he took over.

He bought the effing thing personally, due to the financial mismanagement of the club under his tenure.

Why is it reasonable we no longer own our principal asset due to Mel's failures?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We didn't 'owe' £80m on the stadium, we didn't pay to lease it, we paid a mortgage.

We had a squad with a high value, even though we didn't sell. 

Mel paid for something that he hoped to make money out of when we were promoted - that went wrong and now he wants out.

We don’t owe 80 million .. we just don’t own a stadium .. lease, mortgage .. same thing in practice  .. it’s paying for access/ use  of someone else’s asset .. the funds for which were paid to the club .. the club received that 80 million, you know .. a big fat cheque  !  ...  and that previous mortgage was never going to be paid off 

High value ? What difference from now ... zilch 

Mel did gamble .. it didn’t come off .. but he paid his stakes ... and some 

Just now, jono said:

the funds for which were paid to the club .. the club received that 80 million, you know .. a big fat cheque  !  ...  and that previous mortgage was never going to be paid off 

Why did the club need that £80m I wonder? The previous mortgage could have been re-mortgaged. Who owns our stadium now then?

Archived