Abu Derby County

tinman

18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Cocu will be gone very soon if this gets approved.

Sadly I agree. I think this would bring Rooney into the manager's job.

28 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Can someone explain to me why it would make any difference , if we are close to ffp doesn't matter how much cash you have surely? 

The only way to make a difference is those clubs (eg Wolves, QPR) who just decided to spend regardless and won promotion at which point the EFL rules no longer applied. Of course QPR got a slap on the wrist a few years later when they came down. But it's a gamble as you can't guarantee promotion, as Mel has found to his cost.

I love having a rich local owner and fan who I think is pretty sensible (as far as football owners go) in charge of the club. If I were a billionaire I wouldn't put money into DCFC but I admire those who do. A little piece of me will die if Mel is being forced to sell out to overseas investors with no connection to the club.

Do they really have the money after that comment about Newcastle? You really have to hope so or we're straight into a period of decline, just as we were looking like having stability and a proper strategic plan, and picked the right manager to deliver it.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is reasurring:

Telegraph Sport understands that Chris Samuelson and Andrew Obolenksy, two British businessmen based in Switzerland, were involved in early negotiations but will not be part of the takeover moving forward.

3 minutes ago, tinman said:

this is reasurring:

Telegraph Sport understands that Chris Samuelson and Andrew Obolenksy, two British businessmen based in Switzerland, were involved in early negotiations but will not be part of the takeover moving forward.

What's the deal with these lads then? Shady? 

What are the fundamental priorities of Derby County fans?. I have been fortunate to be able to remember our glory days although being very young at the time. Nothing compared to the passion, pride and excitement of seeing our club as a top footballing phenomina parading top quality exciting players such as Hector, Mcfarland, Todd,Rioch. Week in week out. Competing in Europe against the likes of Real Madrid, playing Liverpool and expecting to win?.

I am not suggesting any take over will provide  this. However it is apparent Unless further investment is guaranteed Derby County will at best remain a relatively successful provisional team . Football has changed, not necessarily all for the good.It's More money driven than ever ,the days of just having a good manager , coaching staff and developing players to become successful is over.

Do we wish to remain as we are, reminiscing in the I remember when ? Or would we wish our club to hopefully become a recognised name within world football.

Owners come and go, and what they are primarily are judged upon is success.I Don't hear many Mancity fans discuss the wrongs and rights of their Current owners when becoming league champions or making legitimate attempts to entice Messi to pull on their shirt.

Let's hope we can get the correct investment, make this club truly great again ( DCFC will always be great in my eyes) and become a top competitive football club .

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Putting the ethical concern aside for a moment, should we not be worried about the fact they couldn't prove he actually had any money when trying to buy Newcastle before we all get giddy? 

Bit of a red flag. 

A counter to this argument, is the history of the recent investment / takeover. Mel has repeatedly said that any potential takeover would only happen if it were in the best interests of the club. Mel is a smart guy and a brilliant businessman. He will be doing his due diligence and fit and proper persons checks etc. There is no way Mel would just blindly and knowingly sell the club he loves without ensuring the future is in good hands. 

17 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Just had a quick scan over some of what was being said when the Newcastle takeover was happening and one thing that stuck out was that they were originally planning to keep Mike Ashley on in some capacity. This means that there’s a good possibility of Morris, Pearce etc will be staying on in some way and I presume little disruption to the long term goals?

He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

Archived