CKR

IslandExile

Just a shout-out for Colin Kazim-Richards.

The slating he received in the Transfer Forum was quite incredible.

Anyhow, I know he's only had a couple of cameo appearances so far but I think he's shown some nice touches. He's held the ball up well and flicked a few on nicely. He's also not been afraid to throw his weight around.

I am looking forward to seeing more of him. Fair play to the lad ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

In fairness to the baying crowd, we were promised Serdar, son of Zlatan. And we got quite excited.

Then we thought we'd found £25m and was buying the Brazillian Raphina. And we got quite excited.

When you end up with a 'Colin', any 'Colin', after dreaming of the son of Zlatan and Raphina and getting quite excited... even Colin would concede that's a bit of a downer.

He could be just what we are missing at the moment...

Getting the ball to stick up top a little would be a good thing and help to slow those counter attacks we are so prone to conceding from.

His distribution around the box (from the little we have seen of him yet) could also help to get our midfield to run onto the ball and start creating goals from open play.

He may be an inspired purchase from Cocu once fit.

The guy's an honest pro. 

He will sit up top and be a nuisance. He will provide the odd lay off. 

But we need goals. 

We've got plenty of players who can create chances but precious few who can take them. 

That's where the disappointment lies. We wanted a goals man and got another assists man. 

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The guy's an honest pro. 

But we need goals. 

We've got plenty of players who can create chances but precious few who can take them. 

That's where the disappointment lies. We wanted a goals man and got another assists man. 

True but a good assists man can increase our goals tally (any increase at all would be welcome).

We know that knight and shinny are two of our midfielders who can score from good lay offs (see both from them last season) and we had plenty of goals in the past from that source.

I'm not sure if ckr has the fitness and consistency to excel in this area though.

37 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not worthy of a shout out yet, whether positive or negative. He’s hardly touched the ball. I can’t be far behind him in contributions on the pitch! 

I'd just like to give a shout out to Emmanuel Idem. The lad came in at short notice, he turned up on time, he had a nice clean face, and he didn't leave any litter around his seat on the subs bench. I've seen enough that I'm confident in predicting a bright future for this young man.

I mean personally I was as annoyed as anyone regarding our transfer dealings in the striker department. I do think the stick thrown at CKR was a little over the line. The way I see it even if he’s the worst player to ever grace the club he’s only on a 1 year deal and I doubt he’s on too much money. Not his fault in the slightest, as long as he gives his all when called upon then he’s fulfilled his side of the deal. 

Not sure he’s worthy of a shout out. But taking away the hysteria of deadline day and accepting where we are as a club, then it’s worth noting he’s not as bad as some would make out. 

Just now, TomTom92 said:

I mean personally I was as annoyed as anyone regarding our transfer dealings in the striker department. I do think the stick thrown at CKR was a little over the line. The way I see it even if he’s the worst player to ever grace the club he’s only on a 1 year deal and I doubt he’s on too much money. Not his fault in the slightest, as long as he gives his all when called upon then he’s fulfilled his side of the deal. 

Not sure he’s worthy of a shout out. But taking away the hysteria of deadline day and accepting where we are as a club, then it’s worth noting he’s not as bad as some would make out. 

Well,we just have to basically give him a chance don't we.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

The guy's an honest pro. 

But we need goals. 

Haven't Bristol got an assist man we could ask about?

45 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Haven't Bristol got an assist man we could ask about?

Nah, he was here last year. Showed promise in games but ultimately not shown the love and decided to depart. We are both talking about Jamie Paterson...right?

13 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Just a shout-out for Colin Kazim-Richards.

Anyhow, I know he's only had a couple of cameo appearances so far but I think he's shown some nice touches. He's held the ball up well and flicked a few on nicely. He's also not been afraid to throw his weight around.

I am looking forward to seeing more of him. Fair play to the lad ?

Absolutely disgusting some of the comments in the transfer forum, hope the lad continues playing well and even gets better with more game time

To be fair, I don’t think any of the outcry was particularly directed toward him as a player. If we were just replacing Marriott with CKR then I’d say that’s a decent move, he certainly has his uses in terms of strength and hold up play. It’s the fact we didn’t sign another first choice striker as well that caused the uproar. If we had, I doubt anyone would have been that bothered giving CKR a one year deal.

Archived