Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Rooney started really well but has been less involved as we clearly switched tactically to try and hit them on the break. Good performance so far against one of the fancied sides in the division. There is a lot of space between their midfield and Centre Half’s, it feels like this game is perfect for Sibley to come on and exploit that.

Looking solid. Knights early forward runs caused the problems.

forward line is slightly out of sorts.

waghorn playing right always cuts in on his left. Two great opportunities went begging when he cut inside and fired over, and secondly when he cut inside to pass.

rooney wide, means there is no option for the ball over the top.

I.d bring on kazim RHS, put waggy central and Lawrence left.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bournemouth are able to work the ball forward because the aggressive organised press we had for the first 20-25 minutes or so has broken down. 
I don't know if that's because they're collectively taking a breather or one or two of them have started to lapse. Only need one player to not do their job for a press to collapse completely. 

True, but I think Bournemouth were a little complacent to start with, making our high press effective. Great to get the goal, but that complacency has now gone and I think hitting them on the break will be our route to goal no.2

I disagree with the sitting back since going 1-0 up. Waggy has got into two great positions since the goal so with a bit better decision making/ execution we could easily be 2-0 up. We did however drop deeper or as @Coconut said got pushed deeper in those last 10 minutes of the half. Hopefully we've learnt from the last couple of games how to see this one out. COYR. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I disagree with the sitting back since going 1-0 up. Waggy has got into two great positions since the goal so with a bit better decision making/ execution we could easily be 2-0 up. We did however drop deeper or as @Coconut said got pushed deeper in those last 10 minutes of the half. Hopefully we've learnt from the last couple of games how to see this one out. COYR. 

No both you and @Coconut should know that when we are on top, its because the opposition are rubbish and when the opposition are on top its because we are rubbish.  We aren't allowed to play well and neither are the opposition!  

Archived