Why are Derby getting all the toughest fixtures at once

Curtains

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do.

But to be honest, looking at the fixtures can be misleading.

Before a ball had been kicked, I thought we had a good chance of getting off to a good start with Reading and Blackburn at home and Luton away. We ended up losing all three games.

I think the scary thing for us is that we can’t take anything as a given at the moment.

Just now, Jourdan said:

They do.

But to be honest, looking at the fixtures can be misleading.

Before a ball had been kicked, I thought we had a good chance of getting off to a good start with Reading and Blackburn at home and Luton away. We ended up losing all three games.

I think the scary thing for us is that we can’t take anything as a given at the moment.

Of course not but if you played Liverpool every week I think most teams would struggle 

To be fair the only team that played against us that looked good/impressive  was Blackburn and potentially Norwich  , it’s more down to how poor we are at the moment rather than the opposition IMO , we had barrow and still couldn’t beat them sure

1 minute ago, DublinRam said:

To be fair the only team that played against us that looked good/impressive  was Blackburn and potentially Norwich  , it’s more down to how poor we are at the moment rather than the opposition IMO , we had barrow and still couldn’t beat them sure

Reading were impressive 

The good news is that it will even itself out. 5 points so far in a month where many said we wouldn’t get one?

If anyone needs a break from our alleged woes, have a look at Owlstalk. Many on there are saying that their team are better than their current position and all it needs is a new manager to get the best of of the players (does that sound familiar)? That man is Nigel Pearson apparently?

Unhappily, they don’t like Jack Marriott at all. They say he hasn’t touched the ball yet. Frying pan to fire by the sound of it.....

As it has turned out, after the Bournmouth game, we will have played 5 of the top 9, but only 1 of the bottom 8 teams. As Curtains said, I thought Reading were good and their results since have continued in the same vain, maybe they'll be the club that pulls away.

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Fixtures look kinder after Bournemouth 

I admire your loyalty,I really do but it's just excuse after excuse....whats next?

We shouldn't need any excuses,we have played no one special yet...there's no Leeds or Newcastle in the league,it's the weakest in years and we should be doing better and must do better.

A few weeks ago,it was rooneys fault,then our lack of a striker,then no wingers...now,it's because other teams are better than us.

Jeeez mate.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course not but if you played Liverpool every week I think most teams would struggle 

Have we actually played anyone at that level?

I have watched us against Watford, Forest and Norwich. Norwich looked really good in spells and really should have won, but Watford and Forest didn’t strike any fear into me at all. They looked very average actually and we were comfortable for the majority of the game.

We were well beaten by Blackburn and Reading, but I honestly think we made them look better than they actually are.

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

As a mitigating factor we had no fit players. Cocu's reign has been littered with valid mitigating factors more than any other manager in history.

And he never complains or uses excuses which to his credit. 

He never wins any games either like.

Archived