Charles Vernam

Carnero

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Charles Vernam has decided to leave Grimsby on a free, with interest coming from L1 clubs of which Burton Albion are apparently favorites for his signature.

Makes sense for him, probably still lives Derby way and I bet Buxton has some level of relationship with him from being here.

37 minutes ago, Srg said:

Makes sense for him, probably still lives Derby way and I bet Buxton has some level of relationship with him from being here.

He's been doing well at Grimsby by all accounts, so not surprising that he wants to make a step up.

He always looked decent for our U23's, as either an attacking midfielder or forward but seems to have played as a left winger for Grimsby.

I've always been surprised that Burton don't sign more of our released U23 players.

36 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I wouldn't fancy making the trek up to Grimsby a few times a week if I were him. Surely he's moved up there?

No idea for certain, but it ain't that far really.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Srg said:

Burton reported it as a Kane Hemmings goal. 

Yes, thanks -  I have seen that now. We were talking about how we thought Vernam could make the step up to League One hence the tweet when I thought he'd scored. 

Still, plenty of time for him to make his mark. 

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, thanks -  I have seen that now. We were talking about how we thought Vernam could make the step up to League One hence the tweet when I thought he'd scored. 

Still, plenty of time for him to make his mark. 

It was a low driven shot from the edge of the area (by Vernam). Hemmings got a little touch on it from a couple of yards out to ensure it went in. 

Former Grimsby striker Charles Vernam received the Mitre Goal of the Season award for dribbling from the edge of his own area, skilfully beating several players on his way before striking past the goalkeeper to round off his hat-trick against Colchester in February.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12057375/ollie-watkins-and-jude-bellingham-pick-up-efl-2019-20-awards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...