• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

17:54

BRYSON LEAVES ABERDEEN

Aberdeen has confirmed that Craig Bryson has left the club.

The 33-year-old, who joined the Dons from Derby County, has departed Pittodrie after having his contract cancelled.

Manager Derek McInnes said: “It is with a heavy heart that we’ve reached this point with Craig. Throughout his time with us he has been faced with challenges but despite that he has put everything into trying to overcome those. Unfortunately, this has impacted the influence that both him and I wanted him to have on the team.

“This is through no lack of effort on Craig’s part, but we feel this is the best conclusion and we wish him well in his next move.”

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

17:54

BRYSON LEAVES ABERDEEN

Aberdeen has confirmed that Craig Bryson has left the club.

The 33-year-old, who joined the Dons from Derby County, has departed Pittodrie after having his contract cancelled.

Manager Derek McInnes said: “It is with a heavy heart that we’ve reached this point with Craig. Throughout his time with us he has been faced with challenges but despite that he has put everything into trying to overcome those. Unfortunately, this has impacted the influence that both him and I wanted him to have on the team.

“This is through no lack of effort on Craig’s part, but we feel this is the best conclusion and we wish him well in his next move.”

Does anyone know anymore on this? Is it just persistent injuries or something off-pitch going on? 

13 hours ago, Norman Hull said:

I'm not questioning his attitude. I'm questioning his value. 

What's to question? He cost a bargain £5.7m (if I've read the accounts correctly). If you add on his rumoured wages, that meant he cost:

• £8m per goal scored (1)
  • £1.6m per assist (5)
  • £1.3m per goal contribution (6)
  • £211k per game played (38)
  • £38k per game not played (212)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...