Liam Delap

Bubbles

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How much did we sell him for and are there any add ons,

I’m not sure. 

I read at the time that we recurved £1,000,000.

But my understanding was that youth transfer fees are now set. 

The chart below would suggest we received a lump sum of £400,000, unless category 1 to category 1 transfers are different.

I THINK £1,000,000 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was duck all.

E23535EA-C79B-4E05-91DD-0E2144A8FFEA.png

14 minutes ago, cannable said:

I’m not sure. 

I read at the time that we recurved £1,000,000.

But my understanding was that youth transfer fees are now set. 

The chart below would suggest we received a lump sum of £400,000, unless category 1 to category 1 transfers are different.

I THINK £1,000,000 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was duck all.

E23535EA-C79B-4E05-91DD-0E2144A8FFEA.png

Think when a player hits 16/17 there should be an automatic sell on fee if they go elsewhere.  I think there may have been a minimum fee based on academy status, so a million is probably about right.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Liam Delap is going to be a punch in the gut for this club for a while. It wouldn't be surprising to see him make his debut for Man City soon enough. 

Nothing we could do about it unfortunately, Man City wanted him & he wanted Man City. The new academy rules mean that we couldn't stop him from going. Some you win, some you lose.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Nothing we could do about it unfortunately, Man City wanted him & he wanted Man City. The new academy rules mean that we couldn't stop him from going. Some you win, some you lose.

Absolutely which is why it's probably going to sting more. 

He would definitely be within our first team squad now, perhaps even starting. Unfortunately, the move to Man City looks to have worked well as he's seemingly on the fringes of their first team and playing with the very best midfielders in the world. 

I can't even blame him, it's just crap for us fans more than anything else! 

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Absolutely which is why it's probably going to sting more. 

He would definitely be within our first team squad now, perhaps even starting. Unfortunately, the move to Man City looks to have worked well as he's seemingly on the fringes of their first team and playing with the very best midfielders in the world. 

I can't even blame him, it's just crap for us fans more than anything else! 

Yep, there's no-one to blame, which is often frustrating.

As for being crap for us fan, I just train my brain to understand that if he stays then from that point on everything he does works out differently, who knows how he'd develop or what crippling injury he might have picked up?

Such is life.

Looking forward to seeing Man City sell Delap + someone else in a £100m double deal that technically only attaches £1m to Delap to screw us out of our % sell on fee.

Edited by SaintRam

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Looking forward to seeing Man City sell Delap + someone else in a £100m double deal that technically only attaches £1m to Delap to screw us out of our % sell on fee.

We only get extra fees now if he plays x number of games, don't think you can put sell on fees on those players