Jayden Bogle

RamLad1884

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hales300k said:

Good lad Leon , still a Ram ! Bogle and Lowe doing well up there though , good luck to em , Buchanan and Byrne are an upgrade on any combination of Bogle , Lowe , Forsyth and Malone for me 

Byrne is a midtable Championship RB.
Bogle is a PL RB who has played a key part in Sheff Utd's revival

Said on here last summer he was arguably our most talented player. Didn’t have as good of a season under Cocu as he did under Lampard but there were times when we had Mount, Wilson and Tomori playing and Bogle looked the most talented player on the pitch.

Lucky for us Nathan Byrne is excellent but I do wish we’d been in a position to hold onto Bogle. He’s a brilliant player and he’s still got room to improve. I hope he gets himself a move back to the PL when Sheff United go down.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Said on here last summer he was arguably our most talented player. Didn’t have as good of a season under Cocu as he did under Lampard but there were times when we had Mount, Wilson and Tomori playing and Bogle looked the most talented player on the pitch.

Lucky for us Nathan Byrne is excellent but I do wish we’d been in a position to hold onto Bogle. He’s a brilliant player and he’s still got room to improve. I hope he gets himself a move back to the PL when Sheff United go down.

I agree that I'd rather than Bogle than Byrne, but I think without selling him when we did, I think in time to come we'll discover how important that was to do.

I can't remember the last time we sold someone brilliant and replaced him with something remotely similar. CKR and Byrne must be the first square pegs signed for square holes since...when?

9 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I agree that I'd rather than Bogle than Byrne, but I think without selling him when we did, I think in time to come we'll discover how important that was to do.

I can't remember the last time we sold someone brilliant and replaced him with something remotely similar. CKR and Byrne must be the first square pegs signed for square holes since...when?

Provided us with the cash to get through to December.
Also allowed us to get Jozwiak on top of Byrne with a bit of cash to spare.

We deserved more cash than we got for his talent. Hopefully, Jozwiak develops into a player worth more to us than Bogle would have.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's a PL RWB / RM, certainly.

RB maybe not so much, and although I'm sure you'll have a handful of stats to disprove that, it isn't his defensive contributions that have been key to Sheff Utd as they've been pretty solid defensively all season.

Byrne's experience, calm head and defensive nous have helped us out on a number of occasions where Bogle playing RB would have resulted in us conceding chances & goals, which has been imperative for a team which simply can't score goals.

I think Bogle is doing exactly how most would have expected him to playing in Sheff Utd's system, and good on him.

1333303066_notreallyaRB.JPG.959ba25b3cc89f1af0fc74ea158f5970.JPG

Edited by Coconut

I think it's reasonable to say that Byrne has been just as good, if not better, for us than Bogle was last season, while acknowledging that Bogle has really stepped up to the plate since being given his chance in the Premier League.

6 hours ago, hales300k said:

Good lad Leon , still a Ram ! Bogle and Lowe doing well up there though , good luck to em , Buchanan and Byrne are an upgrade on any combination of Bogle , Lowe , Forsyth and Malone for me 

I agree with this

I also agree with this though (well I think Byrne is actually a little better than that)

Sheff Utd play a system which plays perfectly to Bogle's strengths - With us he was constantly learning and was becoming a very good RB - He's already a PL standard RWB though and is showing that

25 minutes ago, Duracell said:

And finally I agree with this too! 

The sale timing was crucial and allowed us to bring Jozwiak 

Byrne has been a brilliant acquisition and the speed they went about it has been super impressive

And I liked Lowe - Thought he had some serious potential - But Buchanan is a better all round player already for me

• 2 weeks later...

I mean what exactly did they think they were getting? They spend all that money on him and then, however well he plays in the few chances he gets, they end up starting Baldock, seemingly because he's more defensively solid. Well, yes - but surely they knew this would be the case? Genuinely puzzled as to what the process was. Failure of scouting? Player bought against the manager's wishes? All very strange.