Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

The fastest move of locking a thread and moving into ex-rams I can remember! Presumably to try and stop those obsessives who can’t help but post  in those Martin threads looking for a bite.

——————
Cheers Chrissy, probably the best striker we’ve had in two decades. Arguably a bit longer than that too if we’re honest. No complaints it was time for all involved to move on, a good move for him and Bristol.

In a bit CM09/19

He’s been gone over a month now, no longer a Ram. Feel free to follow his every step outside of the main forum whilst the rest of us move on ?

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

So  we have got until 30th January to get this damn virus under control so we can get down to Pride Park Stadium with a full crowd to give Chrissy Martin the standing ovation he deserves for everything he has done for this club over the last seven years.

could be a pretty hot game that one

20 minutes ago, David said:

He’s been gone over a month now, no longer a Ram. Feel free to follow his every step outside of the main forum whilst the rest of us move on ?

Oh you little so and so!

In fairness I said a little while back it was time to move on, I just wanted to wait until it was all official before giving the big goodbye because we’ve been here about three times before. Just feels a little cold doing it in the ex-rams thread, you could atleast give is a bit of grieving time!

Wonder how long it will take for any Waghorn threads to be locked when he joins another club? Or will you not have because no one will care? (tried to find a tongue in cheek emoji but couldn’t, but imagine it’s there)

Edited by TuffLuff

35 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Oh you little so and so!

In fairness I said a little while back it was time to move on, I just wanted to wait until it was all official before giving the big goodbye because we’ve been here about three times before. Just feels a little cold doing it in the ex-rams thread, you could atleast give is a bit of grieving time!

Wonder how long it will take for any Waghorn threads to be locked when he joins another club? Or will you not have because no one will care? (tried to find a tongue in cheek emoji but couldn’t, but imagine it’s there)

It’s been official for a month now! 

If you look back at when it was announced you will see I was the one that said no to locking it then as he’s only just gone, let people say their goodbyes and Waghorn will be the same when he leaves. 

I know some of you have been hanging on to the hope he returns, but as I say it has been a month now. 

I actually only found out myself when I came online and had a new notification that a topic had been posted in Transfer Forum which @SaintRam had locked and redirected members to this thread. 

Blame him, I’m just following my staff ?

(Although I do agree with what he did)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

So  we have got until 30th January to get this damn virus under control so we can get down to Pride Park Stadium with a full crowd to give Chrissy Martin the standing ovation he deserves for everything he has done for this club over the last seven years.

and then boo him for falling over and winning a penalty in the last minute ?

Will be good for the forum/fanbase to get some closure.

Don't think there was much wrong with the Martin hangover after he didn’t sign, to have the best striker we’ve had at the club in the past decade leave so unceremoniously was weird and gut wrenching for a lot of us. To then have the club so clearly leave the door open to him coming back in the statement when the deadline passed has made the past month weird and that glimmer of hope obviously was going to be latched onto by those that wanted him to stay.

If the deal’s announced and it’s a two year deal, it will all but confirm what most of us have thought. He wanted a two year commitment coming off a good season and we weren’t ready to commit to him for that long. I think that’s fair enough, it wasn’t a case of him not being good enough but the fit wasn’t right anymore.

I’d guess that Cocu’s relationship with Martin was good but his relationship with the club wasn’t. When he initially left in 2017 he was still in his prime and the mismanagement at DCFC saw what could have been the best years of his career disappear (health problems didn’t help either). Thrown around like a rag doll for the past 3/4 years, I doubt he was happy about another period of indecisiveness just as you feel his career’s back on track. A one year deal wasn’t going to work.

Few things of note:

Bristol City- very good landing spot, a sideways move but they’ll be pushing for the top 6 next year just like us. Not surprised a club like that came in for him, didn’t buy for a second that he would end up in league one ffs

No Pace- never did have any when he was arguably the best player in the league! If you’ve got pace in other areas, you can afford a player like Martin up top to not have any. His elite hold up play/skill on the ball will unleash those players and make them better. If we’re getting rid of players who don’t cover ground quickly, we better get rid of Rooney ??‍♂️

And that was it for me, I think he’s well worth a two year deal at this level but we simply don’t have the speed in the squad to accommodate Martin, Rooney and Bird. That midfield pairing is what we’re built around right now for better or worse, we’ll need mobility up top to accommodate for such a static midfield.

There’s a thread about what we want in a striker going round at the moment. What made Martin great in the McClaren sides was that he suited the team perfectly, he made other players better and got the best out of Bryson.

What we need in a striker right now is someone who’s going to get the best out of Louis Sibley.

I've acted like a spurned lover.

I been trying to pretend his going doesn't bother me, and it was time to split up, overdue even.

I thought he'd take his crap clothes out the wardrobe, threaten to storm off, but not really mean it.

On your way nobhead, good luck finding another who loves you like me, I thought. 

Knowing all along he'd be back in my arms before long, having spent the night sleepless in a lay-by, cursing his brinkmanship as he slowly snuggled further into the blanket I'd tossed at him as he walked out the door, while nibbling the kendle mint cake I'd packed in the middle as a surprise.

He's called my bluff, fooked off with another partner who's no doubt been whispering sweet promises in his ear, and all I'm left with is tissues and sweet, sweet memories.

Farewell my prince, you've given me more enjoyment than any other player since the Jim Smith days, and I'll always love you.

I think we’ve had his best years. Highlights for me were Brighton away play off semi final in off the keeper. That set us on our way. Wigan away 2015 I don’t know why that game sticks in my head. Any goal he has scored against Forest or Leeds or any assists even. 
It’s a bit similar to us getting Rooney in his twilight years. Bristol might be happy but he’s past it now.

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Quite simply the best striker I've seen wear the shirt in my time supporting the club. I have no problem with people who think letting him go was the right decision, but actively rejoicing at the news that he's moving on is disrespectful beyond belief.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7