Emil Riis Jakobsen

Jubbs

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Preston have just signed former striker Emil Riis Jakobsen, scored a few in the academy, never made it to the first team. 

For saying Alex Neil was moaning about us spending a lot of money, he's just spent £1.5m on a Derby reject.

Does someone want to break the news to Neil that he’s helped to fund our signings thanks to the (possible) sell-on fee? ?

3 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Preston have just signed former striker Emil Riis Jakobsen, scored a few in the academy, never made it to the first team. 

For saying Alex Neil was moaning about us spending a lot of money, he's just spent £1.5m on a Derby reject.

I'd honestly forgotten about this guy. He always looked quite cumbersome in what was a relatively poor academy class. I remember him getting a loan move to the Eredivisie and barely playing a minute. 

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship. I'm assuming he must've improved considerably in order to get this move, especially considering they've spent over a million on hm. It's not too dissimilar to what we're looking to pay for Dursun. 

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'd honestly forgotten about this guy. He always looked quite cumbersome in what was a relatively poor academy class. I remember him getting a loan move to the Eredivisie and barely playing a minute. 

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship. I'm assuming he must've improved considerably in order to get this move, especially considering they've spent over a million on hm. It's not too dissimilar to what we're looking to pay for Dursun. 

It's all about opinions! I was surprised we let him go as he seemed one of the consistent strong performers, always bagging goals in a team that wasn't as strong as we have now. If I recall he was quite critical of his lack of opportunities when he was released, but I may be doing him a disservice because I can't find a link. It might have been that he was shipped out to VVV-Venlo in January 2018 and didn't really have any contact with the club from then on.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's all about opinions! I was surprised we let him go as he seemed one of the consistent strong performers, always bagging goals in a team that wasn't as strong as we have now. If I recall he was quite critical of his lack of opportunities when he was released, but I may be doing him a disservice because I can't find a link. It might have been that he was shipped out to VVV-Venlo in January 2018 and didn't really have any contact with the club from then on.

I only watched the odd game, so wouldn't want to overly criticise him but he never seemed to do much in the games I saw. Zanzala and Vernam were much more visible, all three had similar records for the U23s - albeit Zanzala slightly ahead: 

Zanzala - 12 goals in 32 games
Jakobson - 7 goals in 30 games
Vernam - 13 goals in 51 games

I seem to recall him losing the ball quite a lot when I saw him, just someone I never thought would make it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Two more for Emil at the weekend, on the back of a new contract from Preston.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59018936

Eleven goals already this season:

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=96012

I find it so frustrating when we bring players with obvious talent through the academy and then bin them off without giving them a chance.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Two more for Emil at the weekend, on the back of a new contract from Preston.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59018936

Eleven goals already this season:

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=96012

I find it so frustrating when we bring players with obvious talent through the academy and then bin them off without giving them a chance.

Maybe season long loans abroad is the answer for someone like Stretton and Sibley?