Timi Max Elsnik

Srg

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I guess those making the decision felt he wasn't good enough for a place in a Championship squad. The level he's currently playing at would seem to justify that view, although we don't know how important it was to him to go back home and play his football there.

We seem to have been quite poor at loaning players out to the right clubs, I can only think of Max Lowe in term of young player who've had a good loan out then come back and competed for 1st team places *sits back and waits for 100 examples of why I'm wrong*

6 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

We seem to have been quite poor at loaning players out to the right clubs, I can only think of Max Lowe in term of young player who've had a good loan out then come back and competed for 1st team places *sits back and waits for 100 examples of why I'm wrong*

I think it's more a case of them not being good enough. You could possibly add Roos and Bennett to the list of those sent out on loan and then challenged for a first team place on their return to Derby.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's exactly the kind of goal he was scoring for the U23s when he was constantly overlooked in 16/17.

I know. I am still disappointed that he was breaking through at a time when our managers weren't particularly interested in the Academy. 

He also suffered a couple of long term injuries when out on loan at Swindon. Their fans loved him and were gutted when Phil Brown took over and started playing agricultural football.

Cultured player.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I know. I am still disappointed that he was breaking through at a time when our managers weren't particularly interested in the Academy. 

He also suffered a couple of long term injuries when out on loan at Swindon. Their fans loved him and were gutted when Phil Brown took over and started playing agricultural football.

Cultured player.

Agreed. He's the young player I've been most disappointed that he didn't make it with us.

I don't follow the U23's anywhere near as much as you do but I remember seeing him play for Mansfield when I went to a match with a Yeovil fan mate of mine. He came on for the second half and you could immediately see the gulf in class between him & the rest of them.

Such a shame.

Always said he could be our Matt Le Tissier. Timi could score from near the halfway line practically every game. Huge talent. Lived in Derby for quite a while after he was released. I tried to encourage him (just on social media) to ask to train at the club "to build his fitness" so he could put himself back in the frame and maybe get a new deal. 

He's been captain of the Slovenian U21 team, but that's come to an end as they're out of the Euros and he's 23 later this month. I'm surprised no one else has come in for him, or maybe they have and after all these years away he wanted to spend time at home.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Always said he could be our Matt Le Tissier. Timi could score from near the halfway line practically every game. Huge talent. Lived in Derby for quite a while after he was released. I tried to encourage him (just on social media) to ask to train at the club "to build his fitness" so he could put himself back in the frame and maybe get a new deal. 

He's been captain of the Slovenian U21 team, but that's come to an end as they're out of the Euros and he's 23 later this month. I'm surprised no one else has come in for him, or maybe they have and after all these years away he wanted to spend time at home.

If he had come through a couple of years later he could well be a hero. A goalscoring midfielder...would love one of those.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, angieram said:

Apparently this goal carried them through to their cup final.

You know when we're scouting promising creative midfielders from Europe .....

No keeper in the world's saving that. Someone sent me a montage of Matt Le Tissier's goals the other day and I just thought "Timi".