Timi Max Elsnik

Srg

I think he's already done enough in this tournament to earn himself a move to a bigger club this summer.

He's the perfect player for a Warne side (very high defensive contribution, amd chios in with goals and assists). However, I doubt we'd be able to afford him now, and even if we could, bigger clubs will be after him - with Sevilla already rumoured to be interested.

Just been interviewed on Talksport. Said he was deffo moving this summer so watch this space. See who his agent gets the best offer from. 

Elsnik always looked good enough for the Premier League. Not surprised he probably has a move coming. Very good again tonight, taken off at HT in extra time. He looked as if he'd been struggling with a thigh injury, but a lot of Slovenia's best moments came through him. My only disappointment was we never saw him unleash that left foot from 25 yards. Hit the post in one match with a shot from his right.

And was always a good character too. Makes you strong and self-reliant to move abroad when that young, chasing your dream. And then to come back and reach new heights, when it didn't originally work out (through poor judgement at Derby).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...