Dream Home Location

David

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While moving to somewhere gorgeous like NZ or Canada has a great appeal, in all honesty, I don't think I'd want to seperate myself from family, so:

A tasteful but modern barn conversion with an annex for visitors + a few acres somewhere in the Peak District, like Hope Valley or Baslow area.

1 hour ago, Stagtime said:

A bit biased but having lived around the world it’s still hard to go past Brisbane. A close second would be around the Cairngorms. Photos from our unit.

B3734FC8-398A-4A57-9A7E-BA3FBF99C7A3.thumb.png.e777e714683940505cb421489074eaf9.pngA416C690-5C81-4282-89A0-C96B633236B7.thumb.jpeg.981ba1eeb59b9442119b28ac2a7a5b56.jpeg

Is that Brisbane or the Cairngorms?

For me, I'd go buy the farm opposite my house and the field next door to stop prospect of developers building a load of Barratt homes on them, nice narrowboat to tootle up and down the canal and be very happy for the rest of my days.

22 hours ago, sage said:

Having walked around the park this morning Darley Abbey village near the Abbey Inn is hard to beat. Walk though the park into town. 

Having spent the last few years there I can tell you it is nice but the crime in the area is rife, kids roam in packs on weekends damaging houses and abusing the locals. If it's a red hot summer day be careful going over the bridge to the mill, local kids like to show off by abusing passers by and any cars while jumping in to the river. We routinely had people messing with the front of our house including rocks at the windows. Everyone with a garden that can be accessed gets burgled also, bikes are usually found scattered around the park that have been nicked. Looks nice but glad I just left, caught two lads messing with front of the house around 1am one night but when I gave chase they disappeared in to the park.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Having spent the last few years there I can tell you it is nice but the crime in the area is rife, kids roam in packs on weekends damaging houses and abusing the locals. If it's a red hot summer day be careful going over the bridge to the mill, local kids like to show off by abusing passers by and any cars while jumping in to the river. We routinely had people messing with the front of our house including rocks at the windows. Everyone with a garden that can be accessed gets burgled also, bikes are usually found scattered around the park that have been nicked. Looks nice but glad I just left, caught two lads messing with front of the house around 1am one night but when I gave chase they disappeared in to the park.

but apart from that it's great?

1 hour ago, sage said:

but apart from that it's great?

Yeah it's nice, there is actually some community there. I'd say if you were to move there get on a quieter street away from the main drags. Shame the Abbey has been so mismanaged during my time.

13 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Yeah it's nice, there is actually some community there. I'd say if you were to move there get on a quieter street away from the main drags. Shame the Abbey has been so mismanaged during my time.

Yes, I wouldn't buy on the main drag, more those three storey jobs 2 or 3 rows back. 

Outer Hebrides, probably Tiree. Would spend parts of my infinite wealth to get a bike and some form of luxery pop up tent so I can cycle around the islands and be able to pop on and off the calmac ferries where I can have fry ups with square sausage and pints of tennants from the bar.

Archived