If Waghorn plays do we need Rooney?

Poynton ram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BondJovi said:

Makes me more certain we need to support Cocu. 

Before the Forest game and before the rumour of Rooney I think I could have seen why Cocu would be sacked. I'd be sad it hadnt worked out, because honestly I want Cocu to be a success, but I would have understood why.

But as soon as the Rooney rumour started, I back Cocu...he has had some crap to deal with at this club and being undermined by his supposed captain would be the final straw (assuming it is true).

I notice however, Mel was straight on Talk Sport when the very first rumours of Cocu being sacked came out, he dismissed them. There hasnt been any such thing since the rumour of Rooney surfaced. I know Mel cant be expected to quosh every rumour that surfaces, but I'd say this is a pretty big one.

Imagine if someone in 2010 told you that in 10 years time you wouldnt be able to go to watch football due to a virus, Frank Lampard would be Chelsea manager after leaving Derby taking Ashley Cole with him and Derby fans would be arguing over Wayne Rooney and whether he is good enough for our first team anymore....

Honestly, what would you have said?

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Imagine if someone in 2010 told you that in 10 years time you wouldnt be able to go to watch football due to a virus, Frank Lampard would be Chelsea manager after leaving Derby taking Ashley Cole with him and Derby fans would be arguing over Wayne Rooney and whether he is good enough for our first team anymore....

I'd probably have scoffed. 

'Oh yeah, right, and I'll bet Boris Johnson will be Prime Minister and Donald Trump the bloomin' President of the United States!'

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I might have asked how we'd been getting on in the Champions League! Alas no ?

Archived