Derby County v Cardiff City Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

12 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

No one is questioning why Buchanan came off, but we already had Forsyth and Wiz on at that point. If you’re looking to clinch a goal surely Louie ‘you can’t afford him’ Sibley should be coming on instead of MtW.

Lots of people were questioning why he’d taken Buchanan off at the time though. 

Injured....what kind of reasoning is that?

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Thoughts?

played pretty well first half and should have killed the game, second half Cardiff came at us , they are a big strong side and we were pushed back but within that we still created chances but the truth is we are not finishing those chances ,

on the subs ( injuries apart) yes as a fan I wanted to see us throw caution to the wind but in fairness I think they were on top and attacking subs in that situation can just as easily hand them the game as win it for us , at the point we are with results and confidence going two unbeaten with improving performances, fitness of returning players and more to return seems better than throwing the game and another home loss ,, if we reach the point where we are flying performance and results wise and we are regularly making more defensive subs at that point in games then I will be more questioning of cocu

9 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Why was he vindicated? We were under no pressure at the time and were comfortable. If he wanted to make the move he shouldn’t have brought Forsyth on first. 

Must be watching a different Kazim-Richards to me. He hustles but that’s it. He will leave here having scored less goals than Manel.

But for two world class free kicks we would have got nothing out of our last two games and our only win was as a result of the same. It’s nearly 6 weeks since we scored from open play.

Exactly! There is just no argument against this !!!

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think Derby very very unlucky tonight I think we should have one that we created plenty of chances and once again poor ref suprises never send there player off with nasty foul on Jozwiak and we should had a pently.

But they hit the bar twice - surely that was lucky ?

We are an 'almost' team at the moment. On occasions we break really quickly, look to be set to create a great chance, then invariably make the wrong choice and it all goes to shxx. Jozwiak is making a lot of good runs but too often the ball is not passed to him or passed too late - Waghorn should have set him up in the second half IMO. Two games in a row where failing to get the second goal has cost us.

Got to say that I'm really surprised by the negative reaction to last night.

For me this is literally chalk and cheese to how we were playing  weeks ago.

The attacking intent is there now, we just need to improve our decision making in the final third and the goals will start to come I think.

No problem with the subs, all made sense to me and we still continued to get in good positions after them so not really sure what the belly aching is about.

Can do better but the green shoots of recovery are there.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

...and the defence is reasonably solid.

They slung numerous (poor) crosses over from wide. They hit the post twice. But yeah if that is your definition of reasonable. How many more defensive players do we need to put on the pitch at once to be good? ?

I'd have liked to see a man on the far post when we took the corners. The first corner would have been a certain goal but there was nobody there. Other than that green shoots are beginning to peep through particularly first half. I too would have liked Sibley on- but then I am a huge fan of him.

12 hours ago, Andicis said:

Can't help but feel another 2 points dropped. We sat off in the second half, and we got punished for it. Then straight after we concede we bring on a CB for a wing back. That being said, our decision making in the final third was poor, and ultimately it cost us. We could have killed the game but we didn't. 

Yes need to start finding a way to scrap a win from these games,last two games first 45mins we have looked pretty impressive then allow us to be pinned back second half.I think both of the last two games were there for the taking

Archived