Derby County v Cardiff City Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There wasn't any positivity from me on Friday. Yeah we played well. Probably the best we have all season yet we still didn't win 

That's all we keep saying "we'll get there" 

How long do we wait?

I can't see us getting anywhere.

Cardiff are a tough team mate. 

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Cocu vindicated with the subs. Buchanan moved to right back to counter Kieffer Moore who was targeting Byrne in the air, then Buchanan feels his hamstring. Kazim had a good impact when he came on.

Waggy fully fit and a few more games of that front 3 playing together and we score 2 or 3 tonight. Doing the right things, we still have a solid platform we now look threatening in the final third. Keep up the level seen in the last two games and the wins will come.

But we need some wins soon.

Why was he vindicated? We were under no pressure at the time and were comfortable. If he wanted to make the move he shouldn’t have brought Forsyth on first. 

Must be watching a different Kazim-Richards to me. He hustles but that’s it. He will leave here having scored less goals than Manel.

But for two world class free kicks we would have got nothing out of our last two games and our only win was as a result of the same. It’s nearly 6 weeks since we scored from open play.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There wasn't any positivity from me on Friday. Yeah we played well. Probably the best we have all season yet we still didn't win 

That's all we keep saying "we'll get there" 

How long do we wait?

I can't see us getting anywhere.

Did you think Cardiff would just fall over. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Just found out Graham Torrington is leaving 

Always liked listening to the guy at night on Radio Derby. 

His last show tonight so good luck to him. 

We seem to be victims of more fouls recently. Is this true. Do we give as good as we get

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I thought Cardiff were the poorest team we have played this season to be honest.

Gutted we didn't beat them tonight 

We are all gutted but let’s be honest they hit the post twice so I’d say a draw was about right. 

1 hour ago, DanS1992 said:

I feel that the subs were bizarre to say  the least, not to mention way too late. Lawrence was knackered 10 to 15 minutes before he was subbed. Unfortunately, I feel Cocu reacted way too late in terms of changes (and made some baffling changes at that), other than that performance was ok, just cruelly lack any form of cutting edge. Ultimately, it is 2 points lost, Cardiff were bad.

We keep saying they were bad ... these are here for the taking 

can only Imagine what they’re saying about us 

Maybe i missed More than I thought, but I’m bemused by all the references to that being a good performance.

i found it frustrating and irritating. 
Someone said Knight was great but I thought midfield was by-passed and he wasn’t really involved. We are playing as individuals up front. Maybe I,’ll feel different when i watch it again.

32 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Why does everyone ask why Buchanan was subbed, he had a niggle FFS

No one is questioning why Buchanan came off, but we already had Forsyth and Wiz on at that point. If you’re looking to clinch a goal surely Louie ‘you can’t afford him’ Sibley should be coming on instead of MtW.

Another insipid performance I’m sure some people will say we played ok (since when did playing ok become the bench mark) 

No cutting edge at all we have 5 points due to 3 free kicks couldn’t score from open play if we tried .... oh wait 

Question for Mr Interesting .... what is this ..... ?

Going down with the Wycombe 

5 minutes ago, Silko said:

Another insipid performance I’m sure some people will say we played ok (since when did playing ok become the bench mark) 

No cutting edge at all we have 5 points due to 3 free kicks couldn’t score from open play if we tried .... oh wait 

Question for Mr Interesting .... what is this ..... ?

Going down with the Wycombe 

The thing is I actually think Rotherham and Wycombe are worse than us, coupled with Wednesday even we would have to duck up massively tO go down 

Archived