Efl

Big Trav

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

We never get the benefit of the doubt it’s alway to the opposite team.

Not totally true. Evans’s blatant hand ball versus Watford? There’s no conspiracy - it’s just regular incompetence. Ref tonight was actually very good - just got the offside wrong.

Let it go. To prove it’s the wrong decision, we have to screenshot a camera angle from behind the goal, which obviously the linesman and ref didn’t see.

Yes it’s the wrong decision, but let it go. It’s the kind of call you’d need VAR to get it right, and even then, it’s subjective.

VAR in the prem probably doesn't help. Thr more official needed on game day probably means the standard is diluted. More refs need to be promoted quicker etc. 

I know they have a difficult job but it feels like they have got worse.

Are there any elite refs in England anymore like clattenburg doing the worlf cup & champions league final. 

You'd think if the Premier league is the best league in the world then they'd go out & get the best refs from around the world. Some of the current lot would be demoted to the championship & our standard would improve. 

Also zero accountability. It'd almost feel better if they came out & said "sorry i got that one wrong" id probably find it easier to accept 

It's already been said, but I'll just say it again. 

The EFL don't provide refs, the FA do. The standard isn't great, that's why their performances aren't great. 

Do the EFL have a problem with Derby? Probably. Bad referees is not how that problem manifests itself. The daft EFL charges are how that problem manifests itself. 

The goal should have stood, In hindsight, but the linesman makes his decision based on the view he has, which is pretty poor, he can see Waghorn is offside, but cant make out if he is in the way of the keeper or not.

Same with ref, not sure on the view he had, but in the heat of the moment you can understand why they didnt give it.

I did notice Waghorn stands in an offside position quite a lot.

What you cant excuse is the fact Forests goal stood when the ref is literally watching Curtis Davies's shirt being ripped from his  back, if we are crying conspiracy, then that footage would back that up. No incompetence, no poor line of sight, it was there clear as day for the ref to see and for some reason he did nothing.

The thing is we are scoring so few goals that any poor decision that goes against us has a massive impact on the game.

Once we start putting more away the impact of them will lessen.

If we were three nil up and a bad decision leads to us conceding a late goal then it's not a massive problem but if we have struggled to maintain a one goal lead throughout a game,it's rather different.

On 23/10/2020 at 23:13, Ellafella said:

Not totally true. Evans’s blatant hand ball versus Watford? There’s no conspiracy - it’s just regular incompetence. Ref tonight was actually very good - just got the offside wrong.

Evans "handball" was as much a penalty as the Cleverly "handball". Neither were. 

On 23/10/2020 at 22:43, B4ev6is said:

Hmmmmm 

Lets see now pefectly good goal ruled out and after not gulity not able dock us points or fine us so I know tell the ref fair for home team away from pp or visting pp.

You’re wrong mate. There is no big conspiracy theory in play here, just a bad decision. Happens every game to every club.

Nothing to see here.

On 23/10/2020 at 22:40, Mafiabob said:

Thanks for the clarification..... it’s easy to pin blame on a certain organisation all the time. Think it shows how much of a lack of understanding fans have around governance and running of the game.

Of course it is. I think any sane person knows the EFL arent influencing decisions against us on pitch.

Its just good fun to blame them when something goes wrong. They are such a shocking organisation I think anything from a poor referring decision to covid-19 could be blamed on them at any given time.

In fairness if they didnt go around allowing unfit people to take over football clubs, trying to run clubs into the ground, and persuing frivilous cases against clubs they might not get the blame when other things go wrong.

Only got themselves to blame with they way they run things for the flack they get.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The thing is we are scoring so few goals that any poor decision that goes against us has a massive impact on the game.

Once we start putting more away the impact of them will lessen.

If we were three nil up and a bad decision leads to us conceding a late goal then it's not a massive problem but if we have struggled to maintain a one goal lead throughout a game,it's rather different.

This. 

Archived