Progress

Lander

Much better going forward, not the result we wanted but we’re getting better as expected with the returning attacking players. Sticking with what we’ve got is the right thing to do and I’m confident we will pick up our form over the coming weeks ?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely does help having our strongest front three out there. We looked to have more ideas and creativity going forward, which was also massively helped by having some more fight and attacking energy in midfield. Had way more clear cut chances than we’ve had recently, which is massive progress. Still no goals from open play which remains concerning, but with the chances being created, there’s at least signs now that we can start scoring some goals.

I said Cocu deserves a bit more time, and I think he’s got it out there tonight. Needs to keep it going and keep improving now though. Needs to leave Knight in midfield where he’s best, and find a way to stop us dropping off after half time. Have to keep the energy up and keep attacking, sitting back like we did today and against Huddersfield will always cost you goals, as we’ve seen.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Definitely does help having our strongest front three out there. We looked to have more ideas and creativity going forward, which was also massively helped by having some more fight and attacking energy in midfield. Had way more clear cut chances than we’ve had recently, which is massive progress. Still no goals from open play which remains concerning, but with the chances being created, there’s at least signs now that we can start scoring some goals.

I said Cocu deserves a bit more time, and I think he’s got it out there tonight. Needs to keep it going and keep improving now though. Needs to leave Knight in midfield where he’s best, and find a way to stop us dropping off after half time. Have to keep the energy up and keep attacking, sitting back like we did today and against Huddersfield will always cost you goals, as we’ve seen.

The difference going forwards tonight was night and day, it takes so much pressure off with us having so much movement and synergy you there. It’s only going to get better too, I’m sure excited...

1 minute ago, Lander said:

The difference going forwards tonight was night and day, it takes so much pressure off with us having so much movement and synergy you there. It’s only going to get better too, I’m sure excited...

Yep, let’s hope this is a turning point. Got to back it up on Tuesday night with another good performance, and hopefully take all three points this time.

It’s been a good day in the end.

3-1 win for the u23s with some good performances - notably Whittaker, idem, brown, brown, Watson and McDonald. 
Bielik and ibe are on their way back

1-1 draw at Forest. Probably deserved to win.

jozwiak, Waghorn, and Lawrence all looked good. Ditto Buchanan, knight, shinnie and Byrne.

If we all now pull in the same direction, and support the manager that would be ideal.

i think he deserves it. Adversity has brought out the best in him e.g. sorting out the defence. 

we lack strength in depth in some positions So there will be wobbles. But....the train is back on the tracks. 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I think today was a case of energy levels dipping particular on part of the front 3 as well as they were naturally going to come out at us at the start of the second half (which I thought we weathered pretty well, flukey goal to one side). And what was good it we reacted and got back into it with the Holmes change.

Encouraging performance and a better result.

It’s all about backing it up now. Back up one good result with another, so we can build some momentum so we can go into November with a platform to build from.

Cardiff is another tough game and they are dangerous opposition.

But it’s the Championship. We have to take the positives from tonight’s game and carry the same hunger and intent into the next one and see where it takes us.

We can’t raise our game just because it’s Forest. We have to approach every game in the same way.

Archived