Lurker or Contributor

FindernRam

In an idle moment I had a look at the folks on line. Roughly 3 times as many anonymous "guests" as members. Of the members the regular contributors obviously stand out but many others are very infrequent posters.

I know (to quote my old Gran) empty vessels make most noise, so we really could do with some fresh points of view on here. 

Guests: Come on in the waters lovely and warm!

Quiet members: Have your say and freshen us up

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, David said:

Times like these when are hard to introduce yourself to a community, would also imagine most lurkers won’t see this as they will likely be here for the main and transfer board.

time for a Daveo special ticker on the homepage!! 

1 hour ago, David said:

Times like these when are hard to introduce yourself to a community, would also imagine most lurkers won’t see this as they will likely be here for the main and transfer board.

Feel free to move it --oh thats right you don't need my pernission?

3 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Feel free to move it --oh thats right you don't need my pernission?

I would but tbh, I don’t think it would lure anyone out. All forums are the same. 

Having an account gives you the benefit of topic markers so you can read where you left off.

Just think some people prefer that, although I agree it would be nice to read fresh opinions as it can get stale reading the same vocal few, including myself.

I saw the straw poll, 450 people had voted, where as I would imagine only half are regular posters.

It is what it is, to steal a line from Billy Davies. It’s down to the community to accept new opinions rather than label them wums or Forest fans when they do post.

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

We just need to wait for the transfer window to be carefully opened again. Good time for those mystery ITKers to appear.

I joined the forum a long time before I started posting, iirc the George Thorne transfer saga drew me in - we used to have some really good ITK posters back then!

Archived