U23s v Southampton

David

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Still no debut for Duncan though.

He must be more unfit than me!

Duncan is the one I'm really excited about, Liverpool clearly rated him, Fiorentina top, I can't wait to see him play.

Seeing Sibley fit has made me very happy, I read someone today saying he was out until November at the earliest so I was very surprised to see he is fit.

We haven't had much discussion on the approach to subs the other night v Huddersfield,  but i got the impression that taking Shinnie off was the wrong move, although he did make changes with a reasonable amount of time left to try to influence the game?

All well and good having good players on the bench to come on but needs to give them 20 mins (and bring the right ones on!)

44 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Anyone else filled with trepidation at the thought of Bielik playing for the U23s, given what happened last time?.........OK, just me then? I'm big Jessie, I know. 

For me it's got to go down as risks worth taking - working back from long term injury isn't exact and sooner or later playing matches has to come in and it's always a risky part of the process. 

I get where you're coming from, but it was really really really bad luck for him, like, George Thorne level bad luck.

I'm excited about Ibe though, if he gets his mojo back he can be a hell of a player in the championship.

So excited to get these two back.

Bielik particularly will give us a bit more steel in midfield and take the pressure off others. You forget that he’s our record signing and that he’s so young. I think he’ll be a bloody brilliant player for us, I’ve been saying for a bit he’s coming back to an entirely different team to the one he left.

His last appearance was the Knight/Bird breakout game in December 2019! Never played with Rooney or Sibley etc.

Expectations of Ibe should be tempered but it’ll be good to having him coming off the bench to start with. Even if he’s just an impact player to start with, that’s something we’re missing. 

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Great news to see both stepping up their recoveries, won’t be long at all now until they’re back available for the first team squad, you’d hope. And boy do we need them, both are starters in this side imo.

Total agreement just hope they can get up to speed.

16 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

So excited to get these two back.

Bielik particularly will give us a bit more steel in midfield and take the pressure off others. You forget that he’s our record signing and that he’s so young. I think he’ll be a bloody brilliant player for us, I’ve been saying for a bit he’s coming back to an entirely different team to the one he left.

His last appearance was the Knight/Bird breakout game in December 2019! Never played with Rooney or Sibley etc.

Expectations of Ibe should be tempered but it’ll be good to having him coming off the bench to start with. Even if he’s just an impact player to start with, that’s something we’re missing. 

I thought he was a total mixed bag to be quite honest 

bags and bags of ability, lovely touch and certainly looks to try and influence proceedings but by the same token he looked Painfully slow and certainly brash at times.

im hoping he comes back fitter and perhaps a yard more mobile, hopefully Phil will put a bit of mobility around him and not next to rooney otherwise we’re just recreating the Huddlestone/dowell, bird/ Rooney lack of work rate, mobility and intensity 

Archived