Historic posts

CBRammette

So today 1975 we beat Real Madrid. Does anyone else find the "on this day" posts from the club or "last time we met it was a great day for...someone who has gone" just makes where we are now seem even worse? Perhaps they should post "it could get worse" and show heavy defeats or clips from third division relegation season to make it not seem so bad. Just go away with your Real Madrid posts. Sorry feel better now

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So today 1975 we beat Real Madrid. Does anyone else find the "on this day" posts from the club or "last time we met it was a great day for...someone who has gone" just makes where we are now seem even worse? Perhaps they should post "it could get worse" and show heavy defeats or clips from third division relegation season to make it not seem so bad. Just go away with your Real Madrid posts. Sorry feel better now

Yes, I often think we live in the past just as much as  our friendly neighbours down the road!

But I do remember how excited I was that night, although I wasn't even there and only listening to the match on a transistor radio in my halls of residence at uni. 

You're not really a Derby fan under 30 if you don't have at least one member of your family who still references that night against Real Madrid several times a season.

There's been occasions where my dad's spoken about that night in a tone that suggests it's my fault we're not that good any more. 

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

But I do remember how excited I was that night, although I wasn't even there and only listening to the match on a transistor radio in my halls of residence at uni. 

How things change. The most memorable game that I listened to (watched) in my uni halls was an FA Cup third-round replay against Southampton.

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

You're not really a Derby fan under 30 if you don't have at least one member of your family who still references that night against Real Madrid several times a season.

There's been occasions where my dad's spoken about that night in a tone that suggests it's my fault we're not that good any more. 

Same. I was really young in early 1970s and all I had to show for it was a large collection of foreign dolls - presumably drunken guilty purchases at the airports!

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

How things change. The most memorable game that I listened to (watched) in my uni halls was an FA Cup third-round replay against Southampton.

Chin up. Your grandkids will be in awe when you tell them about the first Derby goal to be ruled out by VAR, in slightly controversial circumstances.

This was a great memory.

Was on the Popside that night. 

Charlie was just the best. 

I swear that ball was in the back of the net before it left his foot 

Roger Davies and the late Jeff Bourne waiting to come on  .

Both very good  strikers   

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

But have you ever thought @Duracell “what if he’s right?!”. I don’t ever recall seeing you in the same room at the same time as Tommy Docherty! ?

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

What happened in it? I can only recall playoff games against them. 

Archived