I Blame Mel

Rams-in-Spain

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I pay 430 quid a season for a season ticket, I've opted to still pay for a season ticket during current circumstances, even with the wife insisting we need that money. In normal circumstances i would attend at least a handful of away games a season, as well as buy shirts and merchandise.

I'm not someone who thinks by doing the above I am an investor, but I also dont think i need to invest 160 million to find out what state the club is in and what our future holds. During rosier times with Frank in charge Mel was holding forums every 3 months, things werent so 'confidential'.

By the way, I'm not questioning Mel, or his ownership of the club, I would just like to know what happens in a couple of years if no one has bought the club, there are no more loans to take, no assets to loan against, what would be the end game? 

I spend about 5,000 a year at my local supermarket and I am very loyal to them however, that however does not give me the right to ask for their business plans, and as DCFC is a commercial enterprise, Mel as the owner and largest creditor should not give out his confidential plans either.

Regarding the next few years, I remember when the Rams were saved on the steps of the high court from being wound up and consequently disappearing, administration did not exist then. We went down to the 3rd division, crowds were 8-9,000 but we survived and to be honest I enjoyed being a supporter more then than I do now as we at least tried to play football and not try to become a a very poor facsimile of Barcelona.

At some point Mel will either run out of money or lose the will to become a pauper just to satisfy his ungrateful critics.

The club will survive but along with other once famous clubs we will have to live within our means and accept that fact, we will bounce back eventually but the current management team does not give me the confidence that thy can do that. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived