We are part way through a major squad rebuild with no money

IslandExile

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Rowett did put a figure on Martin,7.5 million as I recall which Fulham were looking to take up.

Poor old Martin decided to come back to Derby instead.

I'd like to know what value bristol city or his new scoring fans there, would now put on him as he's had a hand in just about every goal they have scored this year,up to now.

We however,have yet to have a striker score more than one goal,or indeed assist in the only other other one (I can't count Rooney as a striker anymore)

Put a value on that.

Erm fulham were not looking to take up and never took up , they also had Martin on loan from us and dragged they’re feet on taking him on a permanent hence Martin wanted to sign the contract mac offered and get back to Derby and financial security and who can blame him , he has been loaned out countless times and not so much a a sniff of an offer to buy ,

again let’s get real , we have not let an 8 mill plus player leave for the sake of one year on contract as the original post I’m answering implied,,, 

are you honestly trying to say if Martin was under contract Bristol or anybody else would have paid us 8 mill plus ??????

always happy to discuss Martin but will also always pick up on the utter fantasy island stuff some put out there regards the subject

ps rowett never put the price on him surely ? Wasn’t it Pearson?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

To me your point was overshadowed by your personal insults. Why on earth would I think you could put a cogent argument together when you rely on rudeness?

I wouldn't pay attention to him Roy. When anyone disagrees with him, he tends to go straight to insults. He is not at all in the slightest interested in a debate. Anyone who does not agree with him are wrong, and any other argument or perspective is ignored. Ignoring people of his ilk is the best think to do. I think he probably plays Football manager a wee too much, and thinks he is better and knows more than most. If that were true, he would be manager of Derby County. Let's thank our lucky stars he is not.

9 hours ago, Jubbs said:

And in that year, he's had:

Drink driving incident which led to his captain being sacked.
Season ending injury to our record, star signing. 
EFL Charge.
Soft transfer embargo.
Covid.
Complete mess behind the scenes.

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel now to have to duplicate the same excuse to give your argument more weight. Our captain being sacked and season ending injury were the same incident so why document them separately.

The soft transfer embargo was also directly linked to the EFL charge so why separate the two items unless again it's to give padding to your weak argument.

And other clubs were immune from the effects of Covid I suppose it just happened to pick on us. Yawn. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel now to have to duplicate the same excuse to give your argument more weight. Our captain being sacked and season ending injury were the same incident so why document them separately.

The soft transfer embargo was also directly linked to the EFL charge so why separate the two items unless again it's to give padding to your weak argument.

And other clubs were immune from the effects of Covid I suppose it just happened to pick on us. Yawn. 

Perhaps the injury was losing an important player and sacking the captain was the effect on moral and attitude of other players ? Just saying 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Perhaps the injury was losing an important player and sacking the captain was the effect on moral and attitude of other players ? Just saying 

Could be. When you mention the EFL charge and soft embargo as two separate points and then follow on to use Covid as an excuse then it does point to something being padded out. Might just be me though.  

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Could be. When you mention the EFL charge and soft embargo as two separate points and then follow on to use Covid as an excuse then it does point to something being padded out. Might just be me though.  

Who knows , to be fair there are excuses ,what weight anybody puts on them v our showing is a matter of opinion 

ive gone from pro cocu to a bit on the fence and glad I don’t have to make the decisions, there is no doubt there are many valid excuses but are we to far down the rabbit hole for cocu to turn it round? Is he right for Derby in the situation we are in ? Are there too many working for him waiting for his job? 
he certainly can’t hang on too long if results don’t turn fairly quickly 

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Think he meant the season ending injury to Bielik rather than Keogh, unless of course Keogh was our record signing?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Erm fulham were not looking to take up and never took up , they also had Martin on loan from us and dragged they’re feet on taking him on a permanent hence Martin wanted to sign the contract mac offered and get back to Derby and financial security and who can blame him , he has been loaned out countless times and not so much a a sniff of an offer to buy ,

again let’s get real , we have not let an 8 mill plus player leave for the sake of one year on contract as the original post I’m answering implied,,, 

are you honestly trying to say if Martin was under contract Bristol or anybody else would have paid us 8 mill plus ??????

always happy to discuss Martin but will also always pick up on the utter fantasy island stuff some put out there regards the subject

ps rowett never put the price on him surely ? Wasn’t it Pearson?

Typo on rowett..

And Fulham certainly were interested in the buy following his loan (that was always the intention) especially as he was already scored plenty of goals and assists by December when we essentially ruined the relationship by re signing him for the next year.

We were never going to sell on a in contract Martin this year for 8 million obviously but I can guarantee we won't get a better one in for less either 

We clearly aren't getting a decent one in at all,let's face it....

29 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Why is it that certain people think it is acceptable to post personal insults when someone disagrees with their opinion? Not only is it rude and unkind it also reflects badly on the writer. 

Or the laughing emoji. Its because neither side can conclusively prove their points to a logical conclusion so matters just end up being a war of words with each side trying to beat the other down with their repeated arguments which then boils over into frustration when the other party won't accept what they are saying as they can't substantiate it.

The only fact that that has been unequivocally proven is that it's not an extremely small but highly vocal minority of posters who want a different manager which was put across by large number of posters but is approaching parity of those who want a change and those who want to stick with Cocu. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I’m guilty of that, but it is because a full reply isn’t needed or I can be bothered with, but some sort of ‘nah emoji’ is needed - laughing is closest. ? 

Wasn't directed at anyone in particular though saying that have just received 2 from the same poster ?

Archived