Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a massive game for Mr Cocu.

I think he needs to change the system for some reason the players don’t understand it or are not willing to understand it and that is more worrying.

I have based my team on Sibley being fit if not Shinnie to play so back to basics only way forward.

Marshall

Byrne  Davies. Clarke. Buchanan  

Jozwiak  Sibley Knight Lawrence    

Waghorn. Kaza

This team allows us to get forward pace in midfield 

Marshall; Byrne, Wisdom, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan; Knight, Shinnie; Jozwiak, Waghorn, Lawrence. (3-4-3)

Feels like last chance saloon for Philip and unfortunately for him I don't see him lasting the weekend if/when we get another poor result with no goals scored.

Lawrence and Jozwiak starting; hopefully on either side of Waghorn. Knight back to CM (where Cocu has stated he prefers him, as do we all). Some room for optimism.

A game or two too early for Ibe and Bielik who are both in with a chance of playing for the U23s this week - but we're getting closer to full strength - at which point I'll be just as judgmental as everyone else.

Marshall

Wisdom Davies Clarke

Byrne Shinnie Knight Buchanan

Jozwiak Waghorn Lawrence

Almost close to getting a full team back, probably only missing two players from what we’d now consider our best XI? Maybe only Bielik but also arguments for Sibley and Rooney. Hopefully MTW as well at some point I guess.

Really is time to start getting some results. I am by no means Cocu out but for everyone’s sake we need to start getting some output somehow. Would be a great place to get some momentum going.

3 hours ago, SWRam said:

If losing to forest guaranteed Cocu's departure, I would take it.

You are 17, play Fortnight and sit at home knocking one out rather than going to work and I claim my £5.

I jest, but no real fan would ever want to lose a game, especially to those horrid creatures just to get our manager sacked.

Anything to see Joe Lollys face with tears in his eyes again!

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You are 17, play Fortnight and sit at home knocking one out rather than going to work and I claim my £5.

I jest, but no real fan would ever want to lose a game, especially to those horrid creatures just to get our manager sacked.

Anything to see Joe Lollys face with tears in his eyes again!

I don't want us to loose, but I've conceded that we will so I'm  softening the blow by thinking atleast Cocu may finally be shown the door as bad as that sounds. I guess they are thinking in the same way, I've got used to us getting a point at best against Forest now so It would be a miracle to get a point with how poo we are at the minute. 

Would keep the back 3 until Bielik's back and then move to a back 4 with him as a holding midfielder.

I'd probably start CKR. We need to do everything we can to manufacture some sort of goal threat. I thought it was harsh to drop Whittaker from the squad when he looks like making things happen and is still the fourth most recent DCFC goalscorer.

Marshall
          te Wierik     Davies       Clarke

Byrne.       Knight          Shinnie.         Buchanan

Jozwiak         CKR          Lawrence

Bench: Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Evans, Whittaker, Waghorn, JHI

If we're outclassed the writing is on the wall for Cocu unfortunately. It's a good thing that Mel has finally started thinking about the long-term but right now it looks like that long-term plan might be to get us relegated to L1.

Archived