Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Yani P said:

They might be worse than us ?

4 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Send the whole squad round to see Wayne and coleen so they all have to self isolate, games postponed until February we come good and smash em. 

Is that possible?

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I know we’re bad, but I must’ve missed Forest turning into world beaters.

But isn't that what's so worrying? They're not yet a lot of people still have no expectation of even a draw. 

3 minutes ago, goldstar said:

But isn't that what's so worrying? They're not yet a lot of people still have no expectation of even a draw. 

I’m expecting another loss if I’m honest, just don’t get the being worried by them and expecting a thrashing.

Nobody thought we’d beat Norwich so avoiding defeat isn’t against the realms of possibility.

Marshall

Te Weirik Davies Clarke

Byrne Bird Shinnie Buchanan 

Knight

Waghorn Lawrence 

Still not remotely convinced by the overly defensive formation, but I’m sure Cocu will stick with it. Wisdom didn’t look fit yet, so Te Weirik comes in there. I’d like to replace Shinnie with someone a bit more attacking, but I can’t think of anyone fit who could play there. Maybe if Sibley is fit he comes in, and Knight drops back. Up front I’d try to save Jozwiak from burnout, and start at least one proper striker in Waghorn. We will lose, of course, it’s a mere formality at the moment.

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I’m expecting another loss if I’m honest, just don’t get the being worried by them and expecting a thrashing.

Nobody thought we’d beat Norwich so avoiding defeat isn’t against the realms of possibility.

God i wish i had your optimism. Long gone for me but it's possible. 

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan

Jozwiak   Knight   Shinnie   Lawrence

Waghorn

Subs: Roos, te Wierik, Forsyth, Bird, Holmes, Whittaker, Kazim-Richards

U23: Bielik, Ibe

Injured: Sibley(?)

Evening at home: Evans, Trialist, Rooney

I would also go with that. 

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan

Jozwiak   Knight   Shinnie   Lawrence

Waghorn

Subs: Roos, te Wierik, Forsyth, Bird, Holmes, Whittaker, Kazim-Richards

U23: Bielik, Ibe

Injured: Sibley(?)

Evening at home: Evans, Trialist, Rooney

I'd swap Wisdom for Kazim Richards and play 442, we need to try something different. As Einstein said trying the same things over and over again and expecting different results is the sign of insanity. We need to go for it or we won't score again. 

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'd swap Wisdom for Kazim Richards and play 442, we need to try something different. As Einstein said trying the same things over and over again and expecting different results is the sign of insanity. We need to go for it or we won't score again. 

How can you advocate dropping the man who had 50% of our shots on target tonight? You strike me as being the kind of person who would get rid of our only fit centre forward, who had scored 50% of our goals this season. It would me madness! Thankfully you are not running the club! 

Can't see Cocu switching to a back four given the possible consequences for him should we lose. With three CB's I think I'd go with:

Marshall

Wisdom   Davies   Clarke

Byrne                                             Buchanan

Knight         Shinnie

Joswiak                               Lawrence

Waghorn

13 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Can't see Cocu switching to a back four given the possible consequences for him should we lose. With three CB's I think I'd go with:

Marshall

Wisdom   Davies   Clarke

Byrne                                             Buchanan

Knight         Shinnie

Joswiak                               Lawrence

Waghorn

I really don't like three at the back, but you're right. And after Blackburn Cocu must feel he has no choice.

I hate that it's the gumps because, even though it seems totally irrationally based solely on the opponents, if we lose there'll be a still louder clamour for Cocu's head.

Lawrence and Waghorn obviously won't be fully fit, but will get there soon. Ibe and Bielik are having their first runouts for the U23s the same day as this so will be in contention (all being well) fairly soon. Sibley may be back from injury for this and able to take a place on the bench. For me Cocu gets at least till Christmas and I hope the full season.

Bench for this: Roos, te Wierik, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Whittaker, CZR

I would love it if the game kickstarts our season, with an epic win. Sibbo off the bench to score the winner in injury time. Keep the faith! ???

Marshall
Bryne Davies Clarke Buchanan
           Knight  Shinnie
Waghorn   Lawrence  Jozwiak
                   Kaz

If some of them get knackered and have to be subbed, that's fine, but let's at least go for it. 

I don't believe three at the back is the way to go with this team. Cocu did it to stop the rot and since then we haven't scored from open play and have had five shots on target in three games. 

Be brave. Go for the win. Or I fear it's bye-bye Cocu.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Think morale amongst management players and fans has been crucified though @ViewsFromTheMiddle, my prediction will be 0-4 defeat ???

We've got to go for it more than we have been... having 3 CBs on the pitch is painful to watch. Who I'd actually go with to start though, duck knows... but I'll have a stab! 

Marshall
Byrne, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan
Knight, Bird, Shinnie
Jozwiak, CKR, Lawrence

If Bielik was fit, he'd be in instead of Bird. He was absolutely shocking last night and shouldn't be allowed near a set piece for this one.

On paper, that side is more than good enough to give Olympiakos B a game. Another bad result/performance and I think it's bye bye Cocu.

Archived